IT Services Onboarding Project Manager
The IT Services Onboarding Project Manager is primarily responsible for managing the onboarding of new Managed Services customers. As such the Project Manager drives all aspects of onboarding project activity including collaborating and coordinating across RoundTower Managed Services and Customer business segments. Manages project scope, defines work plan, resource needs, timeline and deliverables for RoundTower Managed Services directed projects. The Project Manager manages project resources to complete project on time and within budget. Keeps project team and RoundTower leadership updated as to project status and risk factors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables for completeness.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Acts as a customer advocate during Managed Services onboarding
- Follows the Managed Services SOP for onboarding of new Managed Services customers or services.
- Ensures onboarding activities receive the proper oversight, approvals and utilize standard methods to ensure that quality of service is successfully onboarded for new customers or additional services.
- Drives the development and execution of the project plan by working with the project team to define, sequence and estimate duration of project activities and duration of schedule to meet project objectives.
- Ensures adherence to RoundTower’s standards, processes and policies for all onboarding projects.
- Manages all aspects of the project execution including scope, requirements gathering, project planning, change control and status reporting.
- Manages the identification, resolution and escalation of project issues and risks.
- Provides weekly project status updates via RoundTower CRM tool.
- Plans and executes project communications ensuring timely and accurate distribution of information, documentation, and issue resolution to all appropriate team members.
- Documents ITSM processes, procedures and other relevant information in the Service Delivery Manual as a reference document for customer stakeholders and RoundTower resources prior to go-live.
- Drives the customer handover process to the Service Account Manager after go-live.
Career Level Criteria:
- Understands and applies the principles, concepts, theories and standards of IT Project Management.
- Possesses a broad working knowledge and demonstrated ability utilizing MS Project and best practices in the management of project activities.
- Ability to present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on business matters.
- Assists with the development and implementation of process documentation.
- Understands and applies the principles, concepts, theories and best practices of ITIL.
- 2-4 years of relevant IT Project Management experience (combination with ITSM experience preferred)
- Project Management Certification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2) and/or ITIL Foundation Certification are a plus
- ServiceNow experience is a plus
- Good understanding of IT Project Management principles and techniques
- Good understanding of IT Service Management processes and procedures
- Good ability to manage change and engage team members
- Good ability to provide direction and leadership to others
- Good facilitation, presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable in communicating and interacting with C-level customer stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience