Consulting Systems Engineer
The Senior ServiceNow Solutions Consultant provides external support forRoundTower ServiceNow clients. Primary responsibilities will be supporting pre/post-sales interactions as a subject matter expert to the ServiceNow platform. A secondary role will be delivering ServiceNow implementation andsupport engagements.
Summary of essential job functions
- Lead initial customer interaction to identify customer needs and solutions options
- Manage pipeline of customers with various account executives to closure of new engagements
- Educate customers as to the RoundTower Corporate, the ServiceNow practice, as well as the ServiceNow Platform capabilities
- Works with the RoundTower Services Organization to drive the development and execution of the ServiceNow project activities by working with the project team to define, sequence and estimate duration of project activities and duration of schedule to meet project objectives.
- Lead all aspects of solution delivery based upon customer need identified
- Interface with ServiceNow technical teams, such as Cloud Infrastructure, to successfully set up the SaaS platform.
- Manages the identification, resolution, and escalation of ServiceNow related issues and risks.
- Travel will be required on an as necessary basis and could be up to 50%
- Be a key member of the overall implementation project team
- Prepare all client facing and internal deliverables that are technology related
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences
- Establish yourself as a technical expert with varying industry knowledge
Career Level Criteria
- Ability to present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on business matters.
- Assists with the development and implementation of process documentation.
- Experience designing and implementing client facing solutions involving enterprise software.
- Experience implementing and integrating enterprise software applications.
- Functional knowledge and experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) processes (Incident, Problem, Change, Release, SLM, Service Catalog, Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Asset, Knowledge Management).
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification (Required)
- ServiceNow Application Creation Certification (Desired)
- 5+ yrs. experience in Design and Implementation of ITSM platforms and at least 3+ yrs. experience on ServiceNow Automation Platform.
- Experience with leading the process definition, design & implementation of Configuration Management and its supporting processes on ServiceNow / other industry leading Configuration management tools.
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good understanding of IT Project Management principles and techniques
- Good ability to manage change and engage team members
- Good ability to provide direction and leadership to others
- Good facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to manage and escalate client issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.