Network Security Delivery Engineer
- Provide exceptional education, assessment, design, integration, documentation, and support services to our customers as a full time employee
- Create statements of work (SOW) based off proposed solutions.
- Work collaboratively with project managers, account managers, and customers in successfully planning, coordinating, delivering and closing IT projects.
- Maintain up-to-date industry certifications specific to areas of practice and as required to maintain Vendor/VAR status.
- Research and design innovative networking solutions based on customer requirements.
- Design, implementation, and support of network architectures.
- Install and configure network solutions using routers, switches, and security devices from various vendors.
- Install and configure software systems that support the network infrastructure such as network monitoring systems, log monitors, DNS servers, and firewalls.
- Troubleshoot network errors and performance problems.
- Documenting procedures and changes related to design, installation, and support.
- Experience in hardware provisioning, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to handle complex problems effectively. Identify key issues and generates multiple solutions.
- Understand client needs, identify root causes of problems, and develop and implement creative and pragmatic solutions.
- Create as-built documentation and provide knowledge transfer to customers upon completion of the installation and configuration.
- Must have direct experience implementing and migrating to Palo Alto Firewalls
- Palo Alto Certification and/or Cisco's Professional Level Certifications: CCNP-Security
- Nexus R/S (9k/7k/5k/2k)
- Catalyst Switching Experience (6k/4k/3k/2k)
- Cisco ASA/Firepower (Including Next Generation)
Additional Experience and Certifications a Plus:
- CheckPoint and/or Fortigate Firewalls
- CCIE (R&S, Voice, Data Center, Wireless, or Security)
- Security: Cisco ISE, 802.11x, RADIUS, PEAP, LEAP, EAP/EAP-FAST
- Cisco Commerce Workspace
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series and C-Series, UCS Fabric, Cisco UCS Manager, Invicta, UCS Director
- 11n or 802.11ac Wireless
- SDN (Software Defined Networking) with OpenFlow, OpenStack, Cisco OnePK, Arista, or NSX
- Data Center Power/Cooling Efficiency
- Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI)
- Python or Powershell scripting for Arista/Cisco 9K, VMware, SDN
- Cisco Communications Manager Experience, UC on UCS
- Enterprise QoS policies
- Puppet, Chef, other automation/provisioning tools
- Citrix Netscaler, F5 Big IP, or Nexus HW accelerated or application load balancing (Global/Local)
- Riverbed WAN Acceleration Technology
- Cisco / Meraki Wireless
Skills and Experience
- Post Sales Delivery – Professional Customer Acumen
- Some Pre-Sales experience is required for discovery and account team/customer planning
- 5 - 10 years related experience is required
- Solid understanding of MS – Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint for creating Customer deliverables.
- Knowledge of software and/or hardware, testing and implementation
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to interact with senior-level technical and business decision-makers as a strategic advisor
- Ability to work as a solid member and leader of a team
- Must be a self-starter and have ability to manage expectations with a sales team and with customers
- Strong leadership, communication, and time management skills
- A positive attitude and desire to build a business within a business
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience