Sr Education & Outreach Specialist (West Coast), Lexia Learning
We are Lexia Learning
We are Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company. As one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world, we are dedicated to empowering literacy educators and students through personalized learning and adaptive assessment. Lexia currently helps over 3 million K–12 students learn to read and we are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our mission driven team.
Lexia Learning helps businesses and schools equip their learners for success. Our global team finds new opportunities to grow the business while building solid long-term relationships with customer organizations. We’re passionate about connecting people from around the world with programs focused on literacy. Can your skills create those winning connections?
We are looking to add a Sr Education Outreach Specialist to our team. This person will work to cultivate and sustain partnerships with districts and schools, educational and research organizations, foundations, and groups fostering innovative educational initiatives on a national scale.
Operating with an expert level grasp of Lexia’s programs including design history, implementation best practices, research findings, and goals for future product design enhancements, this person will proactively support the efforts of Lexia’s sales professionals to drive business opportunities.
This is a fully remote role and will require extensive continental US travel. Ideal candidate will reside in Western US.
- Seek out opportunities to represent Lexia as a key thought leader at strategic customer meetings, public events, conferences, webinars, etc.
- Place Lexia’s Portfolio of programs within the larger framework of ELA instruction for general education, intervention, Special Education, English Language Learners and other specialized populations.
- Position Lexia’s programs within commonly adopted instructional models (i.e. blended, personalized, competency based learning, core and supplemental reading instructional programs) by utilizing literacy and reading pedagogical expertise.
- Understand and communicate Lexia’s research objectives, projects, related findings (past and present) and implications internally throughout the organization and to customers of all scales.
- Leverage Lexia’s research to establish market position and engage strategic partner organizations to inform future research goals and objectives.
- Proactive strategic support to direct and partner national sales channel customers and prospects through in-person and virtual meetings.
- Model best practices for Lexia Portfolio program presentations utilizing varied resources (i.e. PPT and Keynote decks, collateral, research and data, and program demonstrations).
- Proactively seek out and provide insight on opportunities for collaborative relationships and act as key liaison with partnership organizations.
- Conduct direct outreach to current and prospective customer districts and schools to assist in brand awareness and business development as appropriate.
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- Advanced degree in Education or related domain.
- 15+ years K-12 Education high level school/district Administration and Leadership experience
- Reading or Literacy pedagogy; Specialty focus Educational Technology (edtech) highly preferred
- Exceptional level of communication skills including, public speaking/presenting, writing, and presentation preparation
- Direct experience implementing blended learning programs for literacy instruction
- A strong grasp of the nomenclature and principles of blended learning as an evolving pedagogy in public education
- Experience research, data analytics and interpreting assessments to measure performance, support district resource planning and best teaching practices
- Experience working directly on focusing educational professionals (i.e. teachers, administrators, etc.) on data to drive instruction.
- Familiarity with using data analytics, research design, and study methods to inform decisions on student success.
- Extensive experience with education technology and the design of blended and personalized learning programs and their delivery and implementation; Lexia specific program experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with cross functional team members.
- Mentoring, training and professional development skills.
- Capacity for extensive domestic travel (50-60%)
- Exhibit extraordinary attention to detail.
- Operate successfully within a team environment.
- Display strong communication skills, including proven writing ability.
- Demonstrate sound decision-making skills.
- Work effectively under pressure.
- Adapt to changing priorities and work conditions.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to have a flexible work schedule as needed to fulfill job responsibilities.
Qualities of Top Candidates:
- Commitment to Equity: Passionate about closing the achievement gap and ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives excellent reading instruction.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; takes initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.
- Teamwork: Increases the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others.
- Dependability: Does whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines; successfully manages own projects through strong organization, detailed work plans, and balancing of multiple priorities.
- Communication and Customer Service Skills: Communicates clearly and compellingly with diverse stakeholders in both oral and written forms; anticipates and responds to customer needs in a high-quality and courteous manner
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.