Account Executive (WI), Lexia Learning
We Are Lexia Learning
We are Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company. We are passionate about empowering literacy educators, and in helping students become life long, confident readers! As one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world, we personalize learning, give back instructional time to teachers, and simplify the process of using data to make informed decisions through our K-12 products and services. Lexia currently helps over 2.5 million K–12 students learn to read and we are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our mission driven team.
We Are More Than Just The Sales Team
We are highly respected, mission-driven, and passionate about making a difference with our technology-based reading programs. We are changing the lives of children every day! Be part of our growth as an Account Executive supporting our Wisconsin territory and provide districts with online software and implementation services proven to help all students of all abilities become proficient readers!
Ideal candidate for this role will reside in Wisconsin.
- Passionately embrace and drive the mission of Lexia
- Initiate and develop meaningful relationships with high-level decision-makers
- Develop, manage, and execute a territory plan to achieve the company’s strategic goals and your territory’s quota
- Drive new sales, and especially, originate new business opportunities, across our K12 portfolio
- Renew existing accounts while expanding business within these accounts
All About You
INITIATIVE: You consistently take actions to show initiative and grit in creating thoughtful and sustainable approaches to your work and act strategically in order to develop appropriate business opportunities.
ACCOUNTABLE: You hold yourself accountable for staying up-to-date on industry trends, and maintaining efforts toward strategic company sales goals.
COLLABORATIVE: You are a valued collaborator and adviser with internal stakeholders and customer decision makers in order to drive opportunities towards impactful and strategic goals, while also exemplifying independency when working on individual projects.
ADAPTABLE: You are comfortable and able to easily manage the changing market landscape. You understand the importance of adapting to the customer’s needs, and can build sustainable relationships that yield success over the longevity of a client relationship.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage a geographical territory to achieve all sales goals
- Lead and manage each step of a complex sales process, including:
- Networking activities, marketing strategies, and targeted campaigns to identify and reach out to prospective customers
- Analyzing territory data, trends, and market conditions to identify probable purchasers and strategic approaches for success with Lexia products
- Introducing Lexia via a variety of communication modes including phone, written correspondence, and in person
- Delivering coherent, excellent presentations to individuals and committees – both live and via webinar, in a consultative and engaging manner
- Effectively communicating Lexia’s pedagogy, research, features, benefits, and “Our Why.”
- Working with school-level and district –level staff to build support for purchase
- Developing comprehensive plans and creative solutions to meet the needs of medium to large accounts
- Developing professional proposals and other professional communications
- Collaborate with a cross-functional teamto produce results for your territory
- Maintaining customer information, track activity and results using online CRM (Salesforce) and other online tools (such as Google Office)
- Maintaining accurate forecasts and adequately progressing pipeline opportunities to close
- Reflecting on both successes and failures and being self-aware to make appropriate adjustments and overcome challenges.
- Provide market feedback competitive information to Lexia management
- Activity Levels: 10 sales events per week (telephone and/or onsite meetings)
- Travel up to 60%+, while maintaining high productivity level
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of successful sales experience and account executive/ field territory management background, specifically selling into pre-K - 12 school districts, preferably a technology and curriculum (reading) based product
- Strong knowledge of your geographical territory, including contacts in K-12 education
- Demonstrated ability to uncover client needs and propose solutions to close new business opportunities and meet new revenue targets on an ongoing basis
- Track record of goal attainment, proven and continued success in selling and closing customers including remotely and in-person, by creating value, and managing a pipeline
- Professional and proficient usage of CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce), Google Office Suites, Video Conferencing Software, and other technology-based tools
- Strong speaking and presentation skills (i.e. a demonstrated ability through previous experience delivering product presentations to groups and individuals)
- Ability to develop account relationships and collaborate with management on strategies to achieve new revenue goals
- Ability to travel up to 60%+, while maintaining high productivity level