Director of IT Engineering (E-Commerce)
Director of IT Engineering
As Rosetta Stone’s Director of IT Engineering you will be the driving force behind the technology and technical platform innovations enabling Rosetta Stone (RST) to deliver against our mission to change people’s lives through the power of language and literacy education. This means you must be a strong technologist with a track record of delivering world-class B2B and B2C eCommerce and customer supporting systems. You will manage our global eCommerce environment and our internal customer management tools, delivered across multiple countries and languages, and be responsible for middleware development between our core commerce systems and product environments. Additionally you will provide back end data warehousing development to enable reporting, analysis, and system automation across the company. Lastly, you will be responsible for end-to-end IT application release quality.
- Provide leadership and direction for the core global eCommerce, Middleware and Business Intelligence Platforms with a team of 10 employees and 50 contractors.
- Manage Rosetta Stone’s Magento eCommerce and Azure BI environments
- Manage technical debt and agile development and delivery processes to ensure delivery against business impacting challenges
- Provide end-to-end IT Quality Assurance testing across all IT application releases, including performance and scalability testing
- Own solution architecture for commerce and provisioning functions
- Evaluate and deploy new payment methods and technologies globally across our eCommerce platforms
- Work with senior leadership on identifying and prioritizing new technologies needs and updates
Skills and Experience:
- Highly energetic and motivated at providing world-class systems and service
- 10+ years of leadership experience over technical teams
- Experience running eCommerce delivery teams, with experience in Magento Commerce a plus
- Experience managing multi-million dollar budgets, hiring, and performing performance management
- Experience in building scalable, high performing eCommerce applications
- Expertise in architecture and development of application and platform components based on SOA architecture
- Development or management experience with a wide variety of technologies, with preferences in JAVA, RoR, SQL, Informatica, PHP, Hyperion, Magento
- Proven success in managing 3rd party/offshore vendors
- Knowledge and application of the software development lifecycle
- Exceptional technical and non-technical presentation and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.