Revenue Accountant, Lexia Learning
We Are Lexia Learning
We are Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company. As one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world, we are dedicated to empowering literacy educators and students through personalized learning and adaptive assessment. Lexia currently helps over 2.5 million K–12 students learn to read and we are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our mission driven team.
We Are Financial Services
We make numbers count. Our strategic advice helps our global organization make extensive use of data, statistical and qualitative analysis, ruled-based methods, and explanatory and predictive modeling to bring key insight to client issues.
The Revenue Accountant will help us support the finance organization and provide specialized services to Lexia Learning business leadership.
Ideal candidate will work from our Concord, MA office location full time.
- Collaborate with order processing team to ensure rev-rec compliance
- Perform daily sales order proofing and invoicing
- Review income schedules for rev-rec compliance, and post
- Assist Sales teams with customer billings and prepaid renewals
- Perform training revenue accounting in collaboration with Implementation team
- Prepare and send monthly statements to customers
- Monitor & drive A/R collection efforts and other potential issues
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Compile audit packages for large sales orders
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
- Reconcile & post daily cash, Credit Card & wire transfers for all customers
- Perform bank reconciliations and monthly bookings analysis for commission
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable, Bad Debt Allowance, Deferred Revenue & Commission
- Respond to customer requests for Forms W-9, etc.
- Assist with matrix reconciliations for month-end closing
- Assist with annual external audit examination. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
- Prepare documentation packages for periodic multi-state tax filings
- Bachelor’s degree; Accounting/Finance specialty highly preferred
- 2-4 years of Public Accounting experience is preferred
- SaaS (Software as a Service), subscription sales familiarity helpful
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Understanding of ASC606 guidelines a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well with others
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Office (specifically Excel), Google
- Experience with Oracle, Salesforce or similar a plus
- Strong understanding and knowledge A/R and collections
- Ability to be proactive, take initiative and seek opportunity to learn/grow over the long-term
- Experience making collection calls, reconciling revenue (monthly) and understanding of processing invoices
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.