We Are Lexia Learning
We are Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company. As one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world, we are dedicated to empowering literacy educators and students through personalized learning and adaptive assessment. Lexia currently helps over 2.5 million K–12 students learn to read and we are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our mission driven team.
We Are the Quality Assurance Team
We are currently seeking a versatile and detail oriented Quality Assurance Engineer that will be responsible for creating test cases, test plans, and feature ownership while working on an agile software team. This position will also require the ability to monitor and update Selenium UI scripts that run on a daily basis to verify nightly product builds. This person will be in constant communication with the product team to help represent the customers’ point of view and certify product releases.
The responsibilities for this individual include the functional testing of several customer facing products as well as the backend including the way the data is stored. Understanding how each product and feature works and how the customer will be using it are both a priority. This position also requires the ability to automate manual test cases and customer scenarios into the existing automation framework for new features. This person will need to communicate, and monitor work assigned to and completed by the QA offshore team and development resources. The ideal candidate will exhibit the ability to quickly learn the product, pay attention to detail, and work in a team-oriented environment that rapidly evolves with our customers’ necessities. A strong background in the English language and the ability to test the product from a customer perspective is desired.
- Create and execute end-to-end manual test cases and test plans for new product features, during release cycles.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action processes
- Ability to monitor and maintain Selenium automation scripts
- Works with other teams members such as but not limited to support, development, creative, educational content, and research experts to identify, reproduce, and document defects
The person will work in our Concord, MA office.
All About You
INITIATIVE: You enjoy taking initiative and ownership of your work and strive to be proactive in finding solutions from the customers perspective.
ACCOUNTABLE: You hold yourself accountable for ensuring accuracy and timeliness in your work.
COLLABORATIVE: You value opportunities to collaborate with internal teams to ensure maximum results.
ADAPTABLE: You understand how to function in an agile environment and adjust priorities based upon product and customer needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct manual testing on products and features to ensure optimum performance
- Work as part of a agile team representing the QA group
- Ability to create and track JIRA tickets through our product releases
- Ability to query databases in order to validate product data
- Ability to write, monitor, and enhance new and existing Selenium UI automation scripts that run on a nightly basis
- Provide regular status updates to the team against executed test plans
- Understanding of browser debugging and console tools
- Prioritize multiple, simultaneous assignments from within and outside of the QA group, including offshore contacts
- 5+ years of software quality assurance experience
- 2+ years of UI Selenium automation tools
- Passion for finding inefficiencies and the desire to constantly improve
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Capacity to work on multiple projects in order to meet aggressive schedules
- Self motivated and takes pride in their work, strong follow-up skills
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience with automation: Selenium and Appium
- Experience with test management systems, specifically TestLink
- Experience with JIRA to create and track issues within multiple products
- Knowledge of Agile development practices
- Ability to write and maintain performance scripts (jmeter)
- Strong spreadsheet skills using Excel
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.