Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company and a leader in educational software development, is looking for an experienced Media Designer to join our growing Creative team in Concord, MA.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, creative, and self-driven individual with the proven ability to effectively deliver video and design solutions for our portfolio of language and literacy K-12 products. The Media Designer will work with subject matter experts, art directors, and other creatives to develop design and technical standards, scripts, storyboards, and creative assets for explainer videos, which deliver instructional content.
The Media Designer will oversee the video production process and work closely with audio technicians, illustrators, animators, and service vendors to produce the highest quality product. The Media Designer will also contribute to product-related asset and graphic design work as needed.
If you are thrilled by the integration of details into imaginative and educational videos we want to talk with you.
- Work collaboratively with project management and subject matter experts to conceptualize and produce impactful, high quality, explainer videos for complex, ed-tech products .
- Oversee multiple aspects of the video production pipeline. Take on-point responsibilities with key project stakeholders and work across departments to meet content, creative, and engineering needs.
- Working with the project manager and art director, research and propose workflow and technical solutions to better utilize resources, keeping projects on schedule and within budget.
- Work in a variety of assigned visual styles that incorporate illustration, photography, animation, and film.
- Write and review scripts based on an understanding of the creative vision of the project as well as an understanding of the content and technical limitations.
- Develop comprehensive storyboards and animatics.
- Source creative assets for video projects, including: RF-photography, illustration, animation, and sfx.
- Record scratch audio and work with audio producers to direct talent.
- Video editing and production.
- Work on product-related asset design and development.
- 6 - 8 years in the design/creative industry.
- 4 year degree in related area such as film-making or producing, or equivalent experience.
- A keen eye for typography, art, color, and layout design.
- Demonstrated ability as a solid visual storyteller.
- Master of motion graphics.
- Proficiency sourcing and working with photography, illustration, and sfx.
- Portfolio that shows humor and sophistication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) compression techniques.
- Fluency in Adobe CC products Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator a plus.
- Experience in software development for browser and mobile a plus.
- Experience with 3D software (Modo, Maya, Blender, 3DMax) a huge plus.
Only submissions with a resume and link to online portfolio will be considered
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently; we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.