QA Appium Automation Engineer
We Are Lexia Learning
We are Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company. As one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world, we are dedicated to empowering literacy educators and students through personalized learning and adaptive assessment. Lexia currently helps over 2.5 million K–12 students learn to read and we are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our mission driven team.
We Are the Quality Assurance Team
We are currently seeking a versatile and detail oriented Quality Assurance Appium Automation Engineer. The individual in this position will be responsible for helping to create and expand on our existing automation framework across our multiple products. This position requires the ability to write robust automation scripts via Appium that run on a daily/nightly basis to verify daily product builds across both iOS and Android mobile devices. This person will be in constant communication with the product teams as to the status of the automation effort and the devices that are supported.
Appium automation will not be the only task for this position, as due to our product release cycles this person will also be helping out with the product regression testing when necessary. The candidate will need to be able to create scripts and automate user scenarios, both front-end and back-end features, and separate them into smoke, acceptance, and regression suites within Appium. This person will work within an automation team but will be the Appium subject matter expert within that team and thus be a self-starter and be able to organize Appium scripts within GIT.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the ability to quickly learn the products, pay attention to detail, and work in a team-oriented environment that rapidly evolves with our customers’ necessities.
- Ability to write, monitor, and enhance new and existing Appium automation scripts that run on a nightly basis
- Ability to monitor Appium automation scripts and enhance existing framework for robust executions
- Work as part of a agile team representing the QA group
- Transform manual test cases and scenarios into robust automated scripts
- Works with other teams members such as but not limited to support, development, creative, educational content, and research experts to identify, reproduce, and document defects
All About You
INITIATIVE: You enjoy taking initiative and ownership of your work and strive to be proactive in finding solutions from the customers’ perspective.
ACCOUNTABLE: You hold yourself accountable for ensuring accuracy and timeliness in your work.
COLLABORATIVE: You value opportunities to collaborate with internal teams to ensure maximum results.
ADAPTABLE: You understand how to function in an agile environment and adjust priorities based upon product and customer needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- 5+ years of software quality assurance experience
- 3+ years of Appium automation on iOS and Android devices
- Passion for finding inefficiencies and the desire to constantly improve
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Capacity to work on multiple projects in order to meet aggressive schedules
- Self motivated and takes pride in their work, strong follow-up skills
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience with automation: Appium and Selenium
- Experience with mobile devices iOS and Android
- Experience with JIRA to create and track issues within multiple products
- Knowledge of Agile development practices
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.