German-language Assessment Specialist (contract position)
Rosetta Stone is looking for an Assessment Specialist with experience in language assessment in German.
As a member of the Assessment team, you will contribute to the creation and implementation of assessments within Rosetta Stone learning products. You will participate in a variety of test development activities, including item writing, editing and reviewing, test form compilation, and various other activities. As a result of the Assessment team’s efforts, we will be able to reliably measure student progress, continuously improve our curriculum, and optimize the student learning experience.
We don't expect you to know all the answers and plan to give you some exciting opportunities to learn. Come join us and help us build better products enabling greater functionality, capabilities, scalability, higher quality, better customization, improved performance, and lower cost; all for a better customer experience.
If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
This is a remote, contract position. Candidates with no assessment experience will not be considered.
- Write and review high-quality, high-stakes language assessments in German.
- Participate in standard-setting studies.
- Conduct literature reviews, as required, to support test task creation and validity arguments.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to create high-quality, high-stakes language assessments.
- Knowledge of domestic and international language standards, frameworks, and language tests such as ACTFL, CEFR, TOEFL, and TOEIC.
- Adeptness with technology; ability to quickly master new software and systems.
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is required.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- 2+ years of experience in language assessment with increasing responsibilities
- Fluency in German and English
- Degree in German, second language acquisition, applied linguistics, language assessment, education, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience teaching language to children and/or adults.
- Experience in the design of e-learning products.
- Experience with standard setting, alignment, and concordance.
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.