Sr Director, Marketing
We Are Lexia Learning
We are Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company. As one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world, we are dedicated to empowering literacy educators and students through personalized learning and adaptive assessment. Lexia currently helps over 2.5 million K–12 students learn to read and we are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our mission driven team.
We seek a proven, tech-savvy digital marketing leader who will guide the development of a strategic marketing plan that integrates strong functional marketing programs, robust demand generation strategies, and leverages the power of digital marketing. This role, reporting directly to the President of Lexia, is responsible for leading the teams that oversee demand generation, customer communication, marketing events, trade shows, creative services, brand strategy, and public relations.
You will partner closely with sales, education & research, product development and product marketing to drive a comprehensive marketing program focusing primarily on customer acquisition, customer expansion, and revenue growth.
To truly succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will be exceptional at understanding the needs of a field sales team. You have a strong ability to build marketing objectives to support the sales strategy. You love to work cross-departmentally to understand and support different business unit needs to define marketing initiatives. You have a deep understanding of digital marketing to drive great campaign results. You have experience bringing an existing brand to the next level and incorporating it into marketing initiatives.
You have experience managing a highly effective team and have a keen eye for talent and culture within a growth-oriented environment. You will establish standards and objectives with respect to the hiring, onboarding, development, motivation, coaching and performance of marketing professionals on your team.
- Responsible for the development of annual marketing goals, as well as, the creation and, management of the marketing plan and budget
- Work with Director to define and elevate demand generation strategy, aligning it with inbound marketing activities (including field marketing) to fuel the pipeline and meet the company’s current and future sales goals
- Bring new ideas to expand the current digital marketing program to drive deliver more leads
- Guide development of a creative services resource to support company-wide design and production needs
- Work with Director to guide customer communication, customer community, and PR programs
- Manage a team responsible for driving event execution including but not limited to, customer events, trade shows, and corporate events
- Lead and grow a high-performing team of professionals, fostering a spirit of teamwork that supports diversity, cohesiveness, and support.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have 15+ years of marketing experience, with at least 5 years of digital marketing experience
- Have 10+ years managing a team of marketing professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant field, MBA preferred
- Have proven experience leading demand generation programs with a minimum of 10+ years of experience in B2B SaaS
- Understand the K-12 market and buyer’s journey needs, as well as how to align content, programs, and touchpoints to buyer experiences (preferred)
- Possess a deep understanding of digital marketing and demonstrated success with account-based marketing, SEO, PPC, Display Advertising, Email, Social Media, and Content Marketing.
- Have experience managing an events program and ability to bring new ideas around customer event initiatives
- Understand brand development and have experience gaining internal stakeholders buy-in
- Are highly analytical, data-driven, results-focused, and know how to use current-state reporting to optimize marketing programs to improve ROI, drive growth, and meet overall company goals and metrics
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills. Ability to frame issues in ways that are relevant to internal and external audiences, and enjoy reporting out to and collaborating with stakeholders across the business
- Strong customer orientation able to translate client and marketing research into effective demand generation strategies to drive sales
- Up-to-date and direct experience with marketing technologies including marketing automation platforms, CRM systems, and web and social platforms
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.