Sr. Data Engineer (Data Warehouse)
We are looking for cloud Sr. Data Engineer to join our Enterprise Data Engineering team. Today, the team primarily develops and supports a legacy SQL BI/DW platform today but is embarking on a 2020 roadmap to modernize our data architecture in the public cloud. This is a unique greenfield opportunity to influence a major transformational initiative and implement a modern big data reference architecture that will drive enterprise analytics. The cloud Sr. Data Engineer will be part of a team supporting data pipeline development and management built primarily on the Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery.
- Define and develop data pipeline solutions– architect end to end design, mapping, and hands-on development - for GCP, following integration, security and development best practices.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture, Data Management, DevOps, QA, Release Management, Change Management teams through the lifecycle of the project and agile sprints for promoting continuous data pipeline releases.
- Manage integration of data from various data sources, both internal and external
- SME on GCP, BQ, Dataflow, Pub Sub, cloud functions, Dataproc
- Follow Incident and Problem Management processes in providing production support, utilizing organizational ITIL processes.
- Work with internal business and technical partners to collect and document the functional and non-functional requirements in JIRA stories for business projects and technical enhancements.
- Collaborate with internal developers and internal stakeholders from e-Commerce, ERP, Salesforce, business team and product development teams in evolving the Enterprise BI Center for Excellence.
- 7+ years of experience implementing data warehousing solutions including public cloud big data platforms.
- A well-grounded data engineer, technically skilled in modern big data principles and technologies.
- Experience with GCP Big Data platform is strongly preferred (BigTable, BigQuery, Data Fusion)
- Prefer experience in data pipeline development in SQL, Python, Spark, DataProc, and event-streaming
- Working knowledge and experience in Google Cloud Data Fusion, Cask, Airflow
- Excellent Python coding and SQL skills
- Familiarity with pub/sub event streaming platforms (e.g. Kafka) is beneficial
- Prior experience developing ETL/ELT solutions for enterprise analytics
- Strong understanding of modern big data technologies
- Good understanding of various data file formats
- Familiar with Confluence, JIRA. Should be comfortable working in Field Mappings between Source, Target Systems, creating Design Documents and following Agile Sprints methodology.
- Support new launch hyper-care and be well-versed with Integration Cutover & Go-Live activities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent verbal and oral communication is mandatory
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute on assigned deliverables
- Able to work with ambiguity and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Able to handle fast-paced environment supporting Operations and Engineering activities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all layers with business, technology, peers, and management.
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained Dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. Today, Rodan + Fields is the #1 Skincare Brand in North America in 2018 and the #1 Skincare Brand in the US in 2016, 2017 and 2018! The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada and Australia. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs approximately 700 people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
 Source Euromonitor International Limited; Beauty and Personal Care 2019 Edition, retail value RSP terms; all channels, Skin Care includes Sets and Kits; North America defined as Canada and the United States
 Source Euromonitor International Limited; Beauty and Personal Care 2019 Edition, retail value RSP terms; all channels, Skincare includes Sets & Kits.
*At R+F, we do not engage with Google Hangouts or other social media platforms to schedule interviews or communicate with candidates. Please disregard any messages or notifications from Google Hangouts or other social media messenger platforms regarding interviews or job offers.