Analyst (Database QA) - Contract
Analyst (Database QA) - Noida
Department: Data Analytics and Solutions, Model Development
RMS is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophic risks throughout the world. RMS models and services are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide range of natural and man-made perils, from earthquakes and hurricanes to terrorism and disease pandemic.
We are currently seeking an Analyst to join our Data Analytics and Solutions team in the Model Development group. The team primarily focuses on modeling and developing products related to insured property exposures and loss curves, data and data analytics related applications and solutions. Such products are an important part of RMS product line and provide a wealth of valuable information for our clients.
The candidate will be working in a multidisciplinary environment with other catastrophe data and risk modelers across different time zones (California, London, and India) and would be engaged in testing and analysis of a wide range of products used in catastrophe risk modeling, and Property & Casualty data quality assessment and enhancement. The candidate will be expected to gain and further utilize an in-depth knowledge of the products and relevant technologies. The incumbent of this role will be primarily responsible for:
- Writing database testing scripts. Testing using sample data and automated test suits.
- Content QA and ensuring the content meets the necessary requirements.
- Creating sample for testing to validate the results of applications used in the process.
- Presenting the findings, preparing technical reports, and making suitable recommendations.
- Process product reviews and communicate quantitative and qualitative findings to the development team based on test results.
- Ensure that the final product satisfies the requirements and meet end-user expectations.
- Bug logging appropriately and ensuring the bugs have been fixed.
- Maintaining and updating test cases and test logs appropriately.
- Locate and define new content quality improvement opportunities.
- BTech/BE in any field or MCA from a reputable institute with 0 – 1 year experience.
- Knowledge of SQL queries (MS SQL Server 2008\2012\2016\2019).
- Good communication skills – written and verbal. Should have good documentation and presentation skills.
- Excellent Analytical and Logical Ability.
- Quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies, and systems. Prior knowledge of ETL, GIS tools, python or spatial data handling would be an added advantage but is not mandatory.