Senior Director of Packaging, Pricing and Monetization Strategy
RMS is looking for a passionate Senior Director of Packaging, Pricing and Monetization Strategy who will create global pricing models and drive pricing initiatives by partnering with business stakeholders and analyzing market conditions. As a member of the Product Management team, you will work with product managers, sales and other cross-functional teams to help define pricing models and to analyze pricing scenarios, discounting frameworks, and packaging options for our product portfolio. This role will require strong data manipulation and visualization and financial modeling skills.
As a successful pricing strategist, you will not only be able to think strategically but also thrive in detailed and fast-paced price execution activities. You should have a high level of intellectual curiosity, creativity, and proficiency in turning business and data insights into pricing strategy, tactical recommendation and ultimately price execution. You have sharp analytical skills and can lead projects independently from start to finish. You’re interested in creating innovative ways for customers to buy software cloud products and want to have fun as part of a growing business at the same time as well. Furthermore, you thrive in a fast-paced results-oriented environment.
What You Will Be Doing
Developing a Pricing strategy for RMS products understanding target markets, tracking market trends and understanding product objectives and key results.
- Build SaaS and Packaged Software packaging and bundling strategies.
- Build pricing strategy across packages based on product objectives
- Understanding infrastructure costs and margins
- Understanding competitive offering pricing, discount structures and help build campaigns
- Guide and perform “Willingness to Pay” studies to establish pricing for new products
- Define and drive product requirements for billing and telemetry for SaaS products
Create and enhance global cloud pricing models across core market segments:
- Create and refine pricing models for new and existing products
- Regularly review market performance and monitor prices; provide fact-based analysis to changes to pricing strategies/rules that result in increased sales, profits and/or market share
- Plan, develop and implement promotional pricing campaigns
- Collaborate closely with sales & product management to understand product positioning, product usage and review pricing models and changes
What You Need for This Position:
- 5-7+ years of experience in a pricing strategist role within a SaaS, Enterprise Software, or Cloud Platforms.
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills
- Able to simplify complex concepts
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Collaborate effectively across stakeholders: sales, marketing, field teams and finance
- Ideally: finance and math background with product management experience
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to effectively articulate insights and recommend actions.
- Demonstrated strong working experience with Excel (advanced models, formulas, pivot tables, etc.), BI tools and other data visualization platform skills is required.
- Working knowledge of developing business and/or product strategies (i.e.: pricing models) and working with sales and product management.
- Experience data mining and building data models as well as working with large transactional databases across multiple platforms.
- Strong organization and project-management skills, including the ability to meet demanding, evolving, and often competing deadlines.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Excellent written / oral communication skills.
- Business consulting and/or Pricing experience for a SaaS company.
- BS/BA in Finance, Economics, Marketing, Information Management Business.
There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting companies you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
We are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, our cutting-edge risk management platform for the global risk market. RMS will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS.
RMS has 1,200 employees in 11 countries, including offices in Newark (CA-USA), Noida (India), London (UK), Hoboken (NJ-USA), and Zurich (Switzerland).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.