Senior Technical Recruiter
The RMS Talent Acquisition team is looking for a true hunter to join our recruiting team. As a member of the TA team, the Senior Technical Recruiter will work closely and partner with senior management, recruitment colleagues and functional HR Business Partners to drive a world-class Talent Acquisition function with the overall goal to recruit and hire exceptional talent. With a strong perspective on the external talent landscape and deep insights into RMS’ business priorities, you will develop search strategies and lead engagements to position RMS for success today and well into the future. Most importantly, you will deliver an incredible client and candidate experience. This is a high volume, full-life cycle recruiting opportunity with a dynamic organization.
Who You Are:
You are a curious person by nature, and you like meeting new people.
You have experience hiring client facing individuals who excel at relationship management
You are creative and driven, with an interpersonal savvy that allows you to develop lasting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers.
You are a team player with an outgoing and tenacious attitude.
You are results oriented and possess a strong sense of urgency.
You have the ability to pick up a resume and determine what part of the stack the candidate works in.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Drive all recruitment for Software and Technical groups, up to and including senior management level roles.
- Responsible for providing the overall direction of the recruiting strategy for assigned clients as well as establishing guidelines and procedures concerning staffing best practices and process improvements that are in line with corporate goals and culture.
- Provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process, and offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations and closing of candidates.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with business leaders, HR Business Partners, Finance, and Compensation by delivering on commitments and demonstrating a high level of customer service on all hiring initiatives.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the business functions and provide proactive solutions to ensure staffing goals and deadlines are met
- Source, pre-screen, and interview candidates
- Develop and maintain networks both internally and externally in the organization to identify key talent and build ongoing pipelines
- Be experienced in pro-active sourcing, including use of social networks and other alternative sourcing methodologies to ensure a robust pipeline of potential candidates
- Determine appropriate recruiting sources for advertising and posting positions. Promote our employment brand to candidates and external service providers
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process.
- Manage the offer generation and approval process
- Maintain responsibility for entry, maintenance and integrity of data using Jobvite
- Participate in talent review and workforce planning discussions with HR Business Partners and senior leadership as appropriate
- Communicate tactfully, professionally, diplomatically, and confidentially at all times, providing detailed updates regularly
- 10+ years of full cycle technical recruiting experience
- Demonstrated success with direct sourcing methodology and internet sourcing
- Skilled in working with senior business leaders, supporting, and guiding them on hiring needs
- Ability to facilitate a robust candidate selection process and outstanding closing skills are required
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Process orientated with efficiency focus
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
California Consumer Privacy Act notice: https://www.rms.com/legal#Privacy-Policy-ccpa
US Applicants: RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to using our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.