Corporate FP&A Manager
At RMS, we believe we are at a moment in time when the market and world dynamics around risk have changed massively, demanding new approaches. And with technology consistently evolving and innovating, we can enable compelling new risk solutions to meet emerging risks, opportunities, and challenges. It's a time of disruption and transformation.
Our vision is to create a more resilient and sustainable global society through a better understanding of risk. With every breakthrough and new idea, we get closer to making this a worldwide reality. From AI and machine learning to leading edge modeling and software development, we are focused on transforming catastrophe risk and building global opportunities.
In a culture built on trust and empowerment, every RMS employee is challenged to bring bold thinking and new ideas to the table. The work we do is advancing the risk management industry and helping to make the world more resilient. The challenge is immense and meaningful, which is why the best and brightest choose RMS.
RMS is seeking a Corporate FP&A Manager to join our Finance team. This role will help to drive the organization’s financial close and forecasting processes, serve as the Finance Business Partner to certain business unit leaders, and drive ad hoc analyses and process improvement initiatives.
- Manage the company-wide planning calendar, annual budgeting and quarterly forecast processes to provide reliable, metric-based and internally consistent plans which drive resource allocations to deliver our multi-year financial targets and margins
- Own the Balance Sheet, Cashflow, and Long-Range models
- Develop analytical tools and models to help the company prioritize, track, and assess the performance and returns of all spending
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting which provide both insights and analytics for internal and external audiences
- Collaborate, participate cross-functionally, and lead project-based teams to identify challenges, and build solutions through dashboards and/or process improvement
- Drive ad hoc analytical projects and analyses, as required, including process-improvement related initiatives
Qualifications and Experience
- Outstanding quantitative analytical abilities and keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and drive change across functional and business boundaries
- 6-8 years in an investment banking, FP&A, or consulting role. Other equivalent experience will be considered
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline preferred, but not required
There is a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we are on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
California Consumer Privacy Act notice: https://www.rms.com/legal#Privacy-Policy-ccpa
US Applicants: RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to using our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.