Client Success Executive
RMS is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophic risks throughout the world. RMS models and services are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide range of natural and man-made perils, from earthquakes and hurricanes to terrorism and disease pandemic.
About the Team
Our high performing Customer Success team is looking for a Client Success Manager to work closely within the North American Broker Segment to support clients and expand strategic client relationships. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimal direction. The main functions of this role are to execute the strategic account plan, work closely with our client base, retain, and increase revenue by helping pursue expansion opportunities while ensuring a high quality of service and effective communications between the client and internal RMS business units. Success will be determined by client retention and satisfaction as well as performance on individual project-based initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Act as a strategic advisor to clients, helping them achieve their long- and short-term business objectives
- Proven track record of demonstrated ability to on-board, support, and excite customers to deliver high customer satisfaction, advocacy, and loyalty
- Establish a trusted relationship with each client and drive continuous value of our products
- Manage strategic engagements including complex client projects
- Collaborate with each client to design strategic account plans and to review the contract renewal
- Partner with sales team on execution of account strategies
- Develop and execute account renewal and cancellation mitigation strategies
- Identify expansion opportunities by having a deep understanding of the client's business operations and applying RMS’ solutions to provide value
- Proactively identify and improve upon areas of client dissatisfaction
- Manage client expectations as you monitor the progress of client inquiries up to confirmation of final resolution; ensure the final resolution fully meets RMS standards
- Lead event response outreach and on-going support
- Lead change management activities for updated product and model releases
- Client onboarding and training of new products and services
- Provide ongoing technical expertise & assistance
- Work both independently and with a team
- Moderate travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a strong academic track record
- Minimum 5 years of professional track record and experience in a client facing role within insurance, catastrophe management, risk management, software services, analytics or in a similar related field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - must be able to relay complex and often technical concepts to broad audiences
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong networking and influencing skills
- Solid organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to coordinate across different teams, working effectively in a team and as an individual
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must
There is a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we are on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
California Consumer Privacy Act notice: https://www.rms.com/legal#Privacy-Policy-ccpa
US Applicants: RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to using our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.