Junior Technical Program Manager
As a Jr. Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master, you will partner closely with the technical lead of each project to make sure that the priorities, risks, resources, and schedule are managed well and adjusted when necessary. You will use your solid technical background and your prioritization skills to guide team conversations about the scope of the work being done and potential paths. Your strong communication skills will help keep everyone on the same page and make sure everyone is heard.
· You will manage cross-functional software projects in support of our product roadmap.
· Build strong relationships with engineering teams; running multiple concurrent projects with separate stakeholders simultaneously; cultivating relationships across engineering and product teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison in software development
· Track and report status on prioritized engineering work for high visibility initiatives and projects
· Take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward, accurately forecasting risks and mitigating exposure with the stakeholders.
· TPMs handle inter-team dependencies and bridge the gaps in technical management.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for engineering teams, identifying and resolving roadblocks which could delay project deliverables
· Lead one or more Agile scrum team(s) following the defined Agile methodologies
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
· Certified Scrum Master qualification from reputed organization: CSM from Scrum Alliance or CAPM from PMI
· Demonstrated experience as a project manager (formal project management training is advantageous)
· Ability to tackle difficult issues and handle strong personalities
· Ability to work and communicate with cross-functional teams
· Outstanding, proactive communication skills – written and verbal
· Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities and collaborate effectively within a program team
· 2+ years experience as a Jr. Technical Project Manager, Project Manager or Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
· Knowledge of approaches in the Agile space: Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.
· 2+ years of hands-on experience on Jira and Central; collaboration tools including Wiki and Office 365
· Experience working with SaaS products and AWS cloud services.
There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting firms you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
Celebrating our 25th anniversary in 2014, we are now evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2016 a cutting edge risk management platform ‘RMS(one)’ for the global risk market. RMS(one) will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS(one).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com Or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or @rmsjobs on Twitter
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
By applying to RMS in Europe you are giving consent to having your profile held by RMS for a period of up to 18 months for consideration for current & future opportunities. Naturally, if you wish to have your profile removed during this period, we will abide by your wishes.