Head of Total Rewards
Head of Total Rewards
RMS is the world's leading catastrophe risk modeling company. RMS helps financial institutions and public agencies understand, quantify, and manage risk. More than 400 insurers, reinsurers, financial institutions, corporations, governments, and other non-governmental organizations trust RMS models, technology, and services to better understand and manage catastrophe risks throughout the world.
The Head of Total Rewards will lead and assume overall accountability for strategy development, design, implementation, administration, and governance of all compensation and benefit programs for the company and its subsidiary businesses. This role will ensure all programs align with corporate business objectives, are effective in attracting, rewarding, and retaining key talent, and are fully compliant with local legal and regulatory requirements. This is a collaborative role that will work cross-functionally with business unit leadership, Human Resources, Finance, and Legal to understand business issues and collectively develop effective business solutions.
- Build and maintain a global rewards strategy that is fully aligned with the corporate strategic plan, motivates performance, is fiscally responsible, and supports the attraction and retention of high performing talent.
- Oversee the efficient and effective execution of core Total Rewards processes including Executive, Broad Based, and Incentive Compensation; as well as Retirement, and Health and Welfare Benefits programs.
- Direct the design and implementation of corporately aligned and locally relevant compensation and benefits programs in collaboration with business unit and local market leadership.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation and benefits policies, guidelines and procedures, recommending plan revisions, as well as new plans, in support of the strategic plan.
- Ensure the capability to monitor local market trend information to ensure compensation and benefits programs are competitive and responsive to both corporate and local business unit needs
- Oversee the communication and education of compensation and benefits programs to ensure understanding by employees.
- Provide expert subject matter advice in support of M&A and divestiture activities.
- Oversee compensation and benefits related vendor relationships, negotiating services and managing costs.
- Ensure strong governance and compliance of all Compensation and Benefit programs, including governance of business unit specific variable pay programs.
- Build, lead, and mentor a high performing team of compensation and benefits professionals.
- BA/BS in related field; an MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years leading a global Total Rewards function (all aspects of compensation and benefits).
- Experience overseeing executive compensation including regular engagement with the Compensation Committee of either privately held or publicly traded companies.
- Experience implementing change in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent leadership with a track record of developing and maintaining high performing teams.
- Strong presentation and executive engagement skills.
- Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization and prioritization capability.
- Exceptional ability to build consensus across a wide range of constituents.
There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting firms you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
We are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing a cutting-edge risk management platform for the global risk market. RMS will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data.