RMS is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophic risks throughout the world. RMS models and services are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide-range of natural and man-made perils, from earthquakes and hurricanes to terrorism and disease pandemic.
Our high performing Client Development team is looking for a Client Director. Focusing predominantly on insurance and reinsurance sector clients, the team consults at C-Level to solution sell complex packages which bring value to our clients. New models and the recent release of Risk Intelligence will drive significant activities for the Client Director, amongst both existing and new clients. Additionally, with the move of Risk Intelligence to the cloud, sales growth will increasingly come from encouraging clients to expand the use of RMS systems in breadth and depth across their organization.
As an RMS Client Director, you will have the opportunity to be entrepreneurial and map market drivers to customer needs in order to create a compelling buying vision. This strategic consultative role will involve driving sales of new products to clients, as well as selling to new clients in the insurance market plus managing your immediate client’s contract renewals with RMS. You will need to be able to liaise at the C-level to develop long-term and trusted relationships with all our clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Accountable for impact and revenue growth from client portfolio
- Develop and nurture relationships with client decision makers and key influencers
- Understanding all RMS data, modelling, software, and service solutions to drive holistic client engagement
- Developing detailed client-centric plans to help clients achieve their strategic imperatives
- Working closely with Solution Practice to introduce customers to new solutions or develop custom solutions for specific needs
- Owning the internal reporting for assigned clients, including maintaining an accurate account of opportunities in Salesforce
- Working closely with Solutions and Client Success to provide end-to end customer service and meet on-going client needs
- Engaging internal stakeholders such as product & technical experts to support clients in achieving their strategic imperatives
Travel may be required
- Proven YOY revenue increases selling high value complex software, SaaS, analytics or related technology into financial services (or a deep understanding of RMS's business and products if not a sales person previously);
- Proven success in building complex solutions sales, with either a computer software, risk or analytical product, leading and closing individual deals;
- Must have proven experience of closing deals larger than $500k and a track record of producing consistent annual revenues of $5M and above;
- Proven ability to forecast and close business to plan on a quarterly cycle;
- Ability to defend price by demonstrating value; must have strong ability to understand, negotiate and sell value;
- Commercial success in exploring and evaluating key client issues from a broad perspective;
- Experience of communicating with gravitas at C-Level and articulating value propositions;
- Confidence in networking in large groups;
- Customer relationship management and leadership, ability to develop relationship with senior influencers;
- Must have fluent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- A good quantitative or scientific degree / Masters / MBA is preferred but not essential for candidates with proven familiarity & comfort with advanced analytical, mathematical and statistical concepts;
- Experience selling into the insurance or reinsurance markets, though this is not essential;
- Core / formal Professional sales / negotiation skills and practices preferred
There is a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyber-attacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.