Associate Solutions Analyst
The Software Specialist team is part of RMS’ broader Customer Success organization. Our Knowledge Center provides customers with Follow the Sun support with roles based in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Americas. We are a dedicated and fun group of individuals who work smart so we can enjoy a good work-life balance. Our team members come from all different backgrounds (education, geography, previous professional experience, etc.), and we use this to our advantage. This role is based in London, United Kingdom, and will report to the Software Specialists – Europe & APAC manager.
We are not a typical “Call Center” or “Help Desk” group; rather, our work enables our customers to efficiently and effectively utilize RMS’ product suite in their workflows by providing service excellence while serving as the face of RMS for many of our customers. If you enjoy a challenge and are looking to constantly develop yourself in an exciting and dynamic business, then this role is for you.
- Someone with personal expertise and professionalism who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and developing solutions to interesting and challenging customer support inquiries
- Someone who enjoys collaborating and sharing ideas with colleagues as part of a highly cross-functional and dynamic team in an environment where continued personal growth is encouraged; we succeed as a team
- Someone who wants to apply their technical background to support diverse customer environments and configurations while troubleshooting technical issues and supporting launches of new products and features
- Someone who wants to interact daily & directly with customers in order to cultivate relationships and ensure we address all our customers’ needs by fully understanding the nature of their inquiry and providing comprehensive solutions that exceed their expectations
- Provide external and internal customers with best-in-class software support (on-site and remote, as appropriate) across RMS’ suite of product offerings following established team SOPs and Best Practices
- Acknowledge, manage, and bring to resolution customer inquiries of standard complexity, escalating cases as necessary to meet RMS’ standards of execution excellence
- Working with and learning from senior colleagues, develop broad knowledge of RMS’ product offerings; hone effective research and technical troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to make pragmatic troubleshooting decisions based on the information at hand
- Learn about RMS as an organization and over time come to possess an understanding of RMS’ customers and their business (i.e. objectives, challenges, work processes, economic environment, etc.) to better support/resolve their inquiries
- Participate in and enable the success of team projects or other requested activities (e.g. end user application training, pre-release documentation review), as requested and based on individual skill set/ability
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant subject, e.g. software or IT-related
- Possess time management, communication (written and verbal), and troubleshooting skill sets
- Be self-driven and able to perform well within cross-functional, multi-organizational, and virtual teams
- Possess at least one year of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated competence in managing difficult conversations and situations with customers
- Experience in supporting business applications, systems administration, and relational database management troubleshooting
- Experience working with customers in the Insurance or Reinsurance markets (including Brokers) or supporting business applications in these markets is advantageous
- Experience with Windows Server, HPC, and SQL system administration/troubleshooting
- Experience with Cloud-based SaaS technologies, RESTful APIs, or their support is advantageous; likewise, experience with Client/Server or n-Tier software architectures and their associated limitation/requirements is also advantageous
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.