End User Services – IT Support Analyst
Outline of Role
ROLE TYPE: FULL-TIME
We think about the unthinkable, enabling the management of even the most extreme events. RMS helps companies model earthquakes, hurricanes, forest fires and other large-scale disaster events. Through a combination of rigorous science, innovative technologies, and the collective expertise our work gives insurers, reinsurers, brokers, capital markets, and corporations a secure foundation to build balanced and profitable portfolios.
We are looking for a super smart, friendly, and all-around awesome individual who loves to take care of people, and the technology they use.
As a member of the Corporate IT team, you will have the opportunity to create a seamless experience for RMS end-users in multiple offices around the world. Research and deploy new tools and services, and just flat out solve hard problems.
* Enjoy taking care of people?
* Love the chance to see the direct, massive impact of your work?
* Love technology and learning new things?
* Relish the challenge of finding better ways to do existing things?
If you answered yes, then we’d love the opportunity to meet you.
We are RMS Corporate IT. Our team makes life easier, better, and faster for our company.
The IT Support Analyst will provide first and second line technical support on Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Zoom Rooms, A/V setup, mobile devices, and application support including Windows & MAC operating systems and other applications. This is an internal customer-facing role and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness and customer service along with excellent verbal communication skills. The incumbent will get to participate in multiple projects & collaborate with regional/cross-functional teams.
The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with End User devices and take full ownership of resolution of end-user incidents, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role like IT Asset Inventory Management, Vendor Management, New Joiner Induction etc. This role includes providing Global coverage including the HQ site, key sites as well as remote users at other offices and home workers. Rotational on-call support on weekends & physical assistance on public holidays may be required owing to business needs.
In keeping with RMS values and competencies, the IT Support Analyst will develop and maintain positive working relationships with all contacts internal and external to RMS.
• Act as first level contact point and deal with all incoming requests and incidents in a professional, courteous manner over the phone, via email, web submission and walk-ups.
• Ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with global end users, at all levels.
• Take end-to-end ownership of incidents and see them through to closure.
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 10, MacOS (Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave), Office 365 & any other authorized desktop applications.
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware (laptops/desktops) and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
• Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of Windows applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime.
• Strong knowledge of Windows 10, MacOS (preferred), O365, Active Directory, Zoom Audio/Video Collaboration.
• Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring service to any desktop/laptop that has authorized access to the network.
• 1st/2nd level troubleshooting of network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment.
• Identify & highlight trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls/tickets.
• Responsible for tracking IT hardware inventory including desktops, laptops, monitors, mobile phones, Data cards, Desk phones etc.
• Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment.
• Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
• Work with other technology teams to identify/resolve root cause of frequently occurring issues.
• Share best practices, process technical updates with other team members through
• Document & maintain accurate & detailed records of work requests using Service Now.
• Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures.
• Develop technical knowledge of each system within company profile and specialized knowledge of certain nominated areas.
• Maintain and consistently demonstrate a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures.
• Excellent technical knowledge of end user devices.
• Applying expertise and technology.
• Learning & Researching.
• Planning & Organizing.
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives.
• Flexible and willing to work in 24x5 support environment.
• Must have -
o Bachelor's degree in Technology or a related field preferred.
o 2-4 years of related work experience.
o Sound understanding of ITIL practices.
• Good to have –
o ITIL v3 Foundation certified.
o Other certifications like A+, N+ and/or MCTS/MCITP.
Did you know there’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year? And there’s a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months? We do. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you’ve ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
To find out more, visit www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer