IT Support Specialist
We think about the unthinkable, enabling the management of even the most extreme events. RMS helps companies model earthquakes, hurricanes, forest fires and other large-scale disaster events. Through a combination of rigorous science, innovative technologies, and the collective expertise our work gives insurers, reinsurers, brokers, capital markets, and corporations a secure foundation to build balanced and profitable portfolios.
We are looking for a super smart, friendly, and all-around awesome individual who loves to take care of people, and the technology they use.
As a member of the Corporate IT team, you will have the opportunity to create a seamless experience for RMS end-users in multiple offices around the world. Research and deploy new tools and services, and just flat out solve hard problems.
* Enjoy taking care of people?
* Love the chance to see the direct, massive impact of your work?
* Love technology and learning new things?
* Relish the challenge of finding better ways to do existing things?
If you answered yes, then we’d love the opportunity to meet you.
We are RMS Corporate IT. Our team makes life easier, better, and faster for our company.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for Level 1 and Level 2 client computing support for RMS employees. In addition, the IT Support Specialist provides support and assistance to other IT team members as required along with their day to day operations of the Service Desk. As such, there is a range of administration duties within this role. Global coverage of these enterprise services for our customers includes RMS headquarters, site offices, remote users, and home workers.
Daily tasks will involve evaluating support tickets to accurately determine requirements, resolving tickets at first touch whenever possible, performing Level 1 troubleshooting and information gathering, routing tickets to defined teams for resolution, providing timely and complete updates to customers, following up with customers to ensure effectiveness of resolution and satisfaction, identifying where improvements can be made, proactively taking responsibility for overall service levels, and assisting other team members with incident resolution to ensure adherence with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
* Take ownership of the lifecycle for assigned IT tickets to ensure a timely & efficient resolution within SLA’s
* Manage Service Desk ticketing system and ticket allocation
* Prepare computer hardware with OS images and other software as required
* Ensure equipment for new starters is prepared in advance to enable the employee to be productive on their first day
* Ensure support for both internal company/department/team meetings and client facing meetings
* Work with RMS vendors to resolve hardware issues and arrange for replacements as needed
* Maintain and track changes related to end-user software/hardware assignments for asset management purposes
* Provide overview training to new starters as part of their orientation process
* Provide basic training to all end-users on basic software (e.g. MS Office Suite, RMS standard suite of applications, etc.) and collaboration tools such as WebEx (audio and video conferencing)
* 1stline support – gathering information, troubleshooting, and resolving basic IT infrastructure issues, such as login, network connectivity, conferencing setup (audio, video, and web), messaging, collaboration, phone, etc.
* Install, upgrade, test, and maintain software, hardware, and peripherals
* Manage end-user accounts globally (provisioning and de-provisioning IT services, phone setup, laptop/desktop deployment, reset password, create groups, etc.)
* Prepare desktops and laptops with OS images (via SCCM and Casper) and install other software as required
* Work collaboratively with users to understand requirements, provide desk side support, and provide advice based on established services and support
* Publish technical support documentation to assist Service Desk team with processes; provide process training as required
* Publish support documentation to assist end-users with requests for information
* Ability to work outside of normal business hours or for ad-hoc ‘on call’ requests if required
Qualifications and Experience:
* The successful candidate will be a team player who is a creative problem solver who enjoys working on challenging issues, has excellent communication skills, is professional and approachable, experienced in resolving multiple computer hardware/software issues at the same time, and committed to providing superior customer service
* Established & proven technical service desk experience in a similar corporate environment is required, preferably within a software/ technically driven company; experience to include support service, processing requests, resolving issues, and support testing activities
* Practical experience with Microsoft Operating Systems (XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 – MCSE’S, MCSA’s preferred) and Mac OS X
* Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365 Suite
* Experience with Microsoft Active Directory (e.g. creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups, etc.)
* Knowledge of basic networking and connectivity concepts such as DHCP, DNS, cabling, wireless, TCP/IP, patching, troubleshooting connectivity, etc.
* Strong hands-on experience with computer hardware and troubleshooting - including smartphones (iPhone, Android, and iPad), tablets, desktops, and laptops
* Previous experience in supporting Microsoft products such as Office and SQL
* Must be dependable, conscientious, hardworking and possess a helpful, team-oriented attitude
* Will need ability to work independently as well as within a global support team
* Cisco IP Phone configuration, preferred but not essential
* Experience with Cisco or Polycom video conferencing equipment would be beneficial
* BA/BS Degree in a technical subject, technical certifications, or substantial relevant experience
* Professional demeanour
* Enthusiasm, Dedication, Self-motivated
* Strong communication and instructional ability, both written and verbal
* Client Focused
* Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills, solutions driven
* Creativity & Innovation
* Results & Action Oriented
* Interpersonal skills supportive of teamwork, team advancement, and collaboration
* Decision Making
* Organized with attention to detail.
* Ability to follow established policies and procedures
* Ability to research questions using available information resources
* Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
* Basic familiarity with Casper and Software Center
* Basic Microsoft Office 365 administration experience
* Knowledge and experience with ISO best practices and processes a plus
* ITIL qualification would be useful
* MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification
* Previous client deployment exposure, with SCCM 2012 and/or Casper equivalent
There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting firms you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
Celebrating our 25th anniversary in 2014, we are now evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2016 a cutting edge risk management platform ‘RMS(one)’ for the global risk market. RMS(one) will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS(one).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com Or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or @rmsjobs on Twitter
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
By applying to RMS in Europe you are giving consent to having your profile held by RMS for a period of up to 18 months for consideration for current & future opportunities. Naturally, if you wish to have your profile removed during this period, we will abide by your wishes.