Software Development Engineer II
Software Engineer – Geospatial Software Development
Risk Modeler. Exposure IQ, Treaty IQ are our flagship, highly scalable, cloud-based SaaS offerings that perform detailed risk analyses, exposure analytics for our 400+ clients worldwide. RMS cloud application are developed on multiple technologies like Java, Linux, AWS/Azure cloud technologies and other open source technologies , leveraging the latest advances in database tools, vector processing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and geographic visualization tools. Application supports 100+ TB of data warehousing/OLAP solutions, large scale distributed data processing technology, and best-in-class virtualization technology in a SaaS environment.
We are an agile software development company, looking for an experienced software programmer who is very good at Java programming language with experience in areas like design and developing SaaS applications, implementing web services API, data services, analytics and data transformation. Exposure to micro-service Architecture based platforms and REST based APIs is a must. Full stack development experience developing scalable AWS/cloud applications using Scala, Spark, Postgres is required. Experience in design and developing geographic information systems is an added advantage.
As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in designing, developing, and innovating together as you bring your considerable software engineering skills to our dynamically growing organization. You will be required to collaborate with software engineers, quality engineers, scrum masters, product owners, and our architecture team, to develop multi-tier, multi-layered application layer framework, and functional components.
Required experience and skills:
- Proficiency in Java programming language with good understanding of software design patterns and architecture. Good knowledge and preferably working experience of C#, C/C++ programming language will be an added advantage.
- Understanding and clear concepts of functional and object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge in designing and developing SaaS applications, exposure to micro-service Architecture based platforms and REST based APIs is a must.
- Experience in designing data heavy services, data processing pipelines, and development of scalable AWS/cloud applications using Scala/Spark jobs is nice to have.
- SQL/NoSQL databases programming experience using Postgres or similar database is a must.
- Familiarity with GIS and Spatial Data Computations and queries
- Knowledge of version control processes (git), Code Collaboration, and Continuous Integration Systems
- Excellent communication skills, ability to understand the requirements and hand off efficiently to onshore, self-starter and operating independently
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on software development and maintenance experience in enterprise/cloud-based applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or relevant experience