Sr. Analyst, Modeling
Model Development, India
Data Science & Analytics Team
Objective of the Role:
The applicant will be extensively involved in machine learning, deep learning, statistical modeling and data analytics role in domain of Emerging Risk as Cyber, Liability, Climate and Agriculture. The candidate would research and understand of models, developing tools, generating maps etc. He/she would also get the opportunity to demonstrate his/her analytical and engineering skills while contributing to developing models.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Define and utilize machine learning, deep learning and statistical methods to solve industry-specific problems in varying fields
- Ensuring data integrity by performing rigorous cleaning, error checking, and validation.
- Analyzing data using statistical techniques, performing statistical tests to determine soundness of results and describing, interpreting, and summarizing conclusions.
- Compare and analyze provided statistical information to identify patterns, relationships and problems.
- Apply sampling techniques to effectively determine and capturing uncertainty in the model
- Communicates analytical and model insights to management that include executive summaries, charts, tables, and graphs and documenting processes and keeping informed of technological advancements in the field of statistical analysis.
- MSc or BSc (Statistics /Operational Research/Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics) OR M/BTech (CSE with major as statistics/Mathematical Science) with first class from reputed institutes/universities.
- Good, applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical modelling, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Detail-oriented, self-driven quick learner with very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to independently drive projects and demonstrate technical ownership of the work
- Experience in database management system like SQL, Mongo DB, Neo4j, etc.
- Programming skills in Python, R, Julia or similar with demonstrated experience of automation.
- Strong documentation skills with experience of working on MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to independently lead and drive projects.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in similar roles
- Direct involvement in working with large volumes of data and building, deploying, and measuring predictive analytics models (i.e. LSTM, RNN, SVM, decision tree, clustering, logistic regression, linear and non-linear regression).
- Proficient in Python/R programming skills. Julia programming skill is a plus
- Deep learning frameworks such as Tensor Flow, Keras, Torch, Docker, MlFlow
- Understanding of NLP, NLU and Machine learning/Deep learning methods
- Knowledge of REST API for deploying models
- Simple UI development paradigms that would enable Text Mining Insights Visualization, e.g., Stream lit, HTML5, CSS3
- Linux, GPU Experience
RMS models and software help insurers, financial markets, corporations, and public agencies evaluate and manage catastrophe risks throughout the world.
We lead an industry that we helped to pioneer—catastrophe risk modeling—and are the innovators of the RMS(one)® platform, which is transforming the world's understanding and quantification of risk through open, real-time exposure and risk management.
More than 400 insurers, reinsurers, trading companies, and other financial institutions trust RMS models and SaaS solutions to better understand and manage the risks of natural and human-made catastrophes, including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, terrorism, and pandemics.
We think about the unthinkable, enabling the management of even the most extreme events. Our scientific and objective measurement of risk facilitates the efficient flow of capital needed to insure, manage, and ultimately mitigate these risks to reduce the consequences of disasters, promoting resilient societies and a sustainable global economy.
At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more visit: www.rms.com. ; Or follow us on Facebook or Twitter
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.