Senior Network Engineer
NETWORK ENGINEER, NEWARK, CA
The Network Engineer is responsible for overseeing and supporting RMS corporate offices globally and RMS workloads in Microsoft Azure. He/she will have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep RMS Corporate Network infrastructure running smoothly. The job responsibilities include:
Configure, implement and support all the network components of RMS Corporate offices. This includes but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, wireless access points, and telephony infrastructure.
- Work with cross-functional teams to enhance and provide a better user experience.
- Work with vendors to identify, troubleshoot and resolve network related incidents and issues.
- Work with Service Providers to implement, install and troubleshoot transport and transit circuits.
- Work with Security team to implement the policy which includes but not limited to IDS/IPS, Vulnerability scanning, Penetration testing, DLP, and SSO.
- Implement and configure VPNs.
- Design, implement and support corporate datacenter network by leveraging the cutting edge technology and features while keeping the simplicity and robustness of the network.
- Work with NOC and be the escalation contact for corporate connectivity issues.
Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering or any other related field. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an enterprise network.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Experience with Cloud Providers AWS and Azure.
- Working experience with Cisco, Juniper Arista, Dell, Palo Alto Networks firewalls equipment.
- Hands-on experience with OSPF, BGP routing protocols.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with L2 protocols – Spanning tree, RSTP, PVSTP+, MSTP, VRRP, HSRP.
- Monitoring experience is a must. In-depth understanding of SNMP, NetFlow, Sflow protocols is required.
- Previous experience with a largescale enterprise company is a plus.
- Experience working with vendors and TAC teams.
- Experience with an incident and problem management.
- Certifications like CCNA, CCNP are preferred but not required.