Vice President, People Operations
Vice President, Global HR Business Operations.
RMS is the world's leading catastrophe risk modeling company. RMS helps financial institutions and public agencies understand, quantify, and manage risk. More than 400 insurers, reinsurers, financial institutions, corporations, governments, and other non-governmental organizations trust RMS models, technology, and services to better understand and manage catastrophe risks throughout the world.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at RMS means challenging yourself to always be better.
Our Chief People Officer is looking for a Vice President, People Operations to join her staff leading Global Operations, Service Delivery, PMO and Technology teams supporting truly global workforce. This role also has the unique opportunity to work closely with our Enterprise Services, HR, and Marketing team to support the ongoing advancement of our HR product and services.
- Drives the overall HR business strategy and operations
- Facilitates resource & program budgeting and HR portfolio review with Executive teams
- Builds and leads the Operations team to establish and execute HR Transformation strategy to support business and talent management priorities
- Collaborates with Global HR teams to create policies, procedures and processes that will drive consistency and a roadmap for automation
- Is responsible for managing the budget for Operations which includes systems and technology investments
- Implement process improvements, technology, training requirements, etc. that will improve the employee experience with HR services
- Proactively identify and create operational efficiencies through centralized administration and globalization of processes; Define and establish processes and procedures and partner with global leads to build scalable and compliant processes with a focus on continuous improvement
- A successful candidate will have at least 8-10 years of HR Operations & Systems experience in roles responsible for operational excellence, HRIS, and project management
- Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication, and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in the organization.
- Ability to build collaborative, trustworthy relationships across functions and geographies.
- Strategic, enterprise-wide and systems thinking.
- Organizational astuteness and agility.
- Good analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
- Skills to communicate complex technical solutions in a simple manner that can be understood broadly within the organization.
- Strong technical and tactical skills combined with strategic vision, sound business acumen, and keen financial and analytic ability.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability
There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting firms you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
We are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing a cutting-edge risk management platform for the global risk market. RMS will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data.