FP&A Manager, Sales Finance
About the role: Seeking a seasoned candidate that will lead the quarterly and annual revenue planning process. The role calls for a sound working knowledge of revenue recognition principles.
- Work w/ Sales Operations during period-end to validate bookings profile (actuals and pipeline) within Salesforce.com.
- Interpret revenue recognition guidance from technical accounting team and incorporate into revenue forecasts.
- Drive insights into revenue forecasts based on the type of revenue (subscription/recurring Vs. project-based),
timingof bookings, Deferred revenue Vs. revenue based on pipeline, the impact of cancels etc.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the newly implemented revenue recognition system (RevSym)
- Develop forecasting capabilities within RevSym and transition away from existing spreadsheet-based models.
- Constant evaluation of existing revenue forecasting process to improve accuracy and timeliness
- Explain monthly and quarterly revenue variance to forecast/budget.
- Report monthly metrics and commentary around bookings performance to Executive management.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis required for determining product margins, new product introduction, market segment analysis of bookings and revenue.
- Forecast commission expenses based on guidance from technical accounting team. Validate payouts by partnering w/ Sales Ops team.
- Function as the primary point of contract to enable QLIK (Visualization software) for reporting of booking, Annual contract value, revenue, and associated metrics.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- 6-8 years of revenue forecasting experience in software/Fintech industry
- Highly proficient in Excel w/ proven ability to engineer scalable and extensible models
- Experience with Salesforce.com highly preferred
- Attention to detail, a must
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.