Software Engineer III
RMS looking for a Software Engineer to be part of a team responsible for designing and developing the critical business applications in the Core Products suite. The Software Development group focuses on developing and building cutting edge, high-performance enterprise software solutions that deliver risk quantification tools to our clients worldwide.
You will use best-of-breed technology from both established vendors such as Oracle Java as well as open source technology. As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in designing, developing, and innovating together as you bring your considerable software engineering skills to our dynamically growing organization.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design, develop and maintain high-performance risk analytics, enterprise application designs, and software infrastructure using object-oriented design and analysis, using C++/C#.
- Experience working with Windows applications using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server writing Stored Procedures, complex sql queries etc
- Experience working on distributed computing application on Windows platform, Microsoft HPC Pack preferred.
- Utilize modularity and layering to enable high scalability and maintainability for software applications.
- Write high-performance computer algorithms and software code for Risk Analytics suite of applications.
- Create software design documents, architecture, sequence, class and related artifacts.
- Translate design inputs into development work items. Assist in providing estimates for levels of effort required to accomplish expected deliverables.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, Product/Project Managers and Quality Assurance engineers to develop multi-tier, multi-layered application layer framework and functional components, following coding, documentation and design standards.
- Research new technologies and techniques to support leading-edge development. Mentor junior team members on technical aspects.
- Provide an active contribution to the team responsible for the design, development, and implementation of critical enterprise scale applications.
Required experience and skills:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field with 3-5 years of professional experience
- At least 4 years of experience in object-oriented design, data structures, design patterns, algorithms, and programming skills using C++ or Java/C#
- Ability to build fast, reliable, scalable, highly available, services and software components
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality code and experience with source control systems like Git/Bitbucket
- Past experience with Agile methodology
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience with SQL server
Risk Management Solutions, Inc. (RMS) models and solutions help insurers, financial markets, corporations, and public agencies evaluate and manage global risk throughout the world. RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, with products and models covering six continents.
We lead an industry that we helped to pioneer—catastrophe risk modeling – and continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced the launch of RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open, flexible and future-proof platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation and portfolio management.
Insurers, reinsurers, trading companies, and other financial institutions trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage the risks of natural and human-made catastrophes, including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, terrorism, and pandemics.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.