Cloud Operations Engineer II
Department: Network Operations Center
Location – Noida
2- 4 years.
Description: The NOC Network Operations Engineer has the responsibility of monitoring the network, servers, applications, and any telecommunications device in the company datacenter. Moment the system malfunctions and throws the alarm then the NOC L1 engineers will have to quickly do a sanity check and validate if the alarm can be cleared immediately. If the issue cannot be fixed, then he needs to escalate the case immediately to the respective support teams. L1 engineer interacts frequently with technical support team, service providers, clients and internal users so it is very important that he is clear and concise in his communication. He also works very closely with the Engineering team and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks. He should be able to multi-task and priorities work appropriately.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Incident Management which will include acknowledging, updating, categorizing, assigning, and resolving tickets as per the SLA’s.
- Ensure timely resolution of trouble tickets.
- Run diagnostic tests and use specialized tools to detect job malfunctions, perform first tier trouble-shooting and alarm validation
- Monitoring of cloud based applications and should be able to provide first level of support on any PAAS or SAAS environment.
- Controlling consistency and integrity monitoring and health checks of the operating system and applications.
- Ensure timely follow up with customers via e-mails or phone calls.
- Job will include close interaction with L2 and L3 teams on various incidents to identify initial level of troubleshooting.
- Monitoring of alerts and assigning them to the concerned team so that they can be resolved ASAP.
- Performing health checks of the devices like network gears, DB servers, applications etc.
- Should be able to raise the alarm on Sev 1 and Sev 2 Incidents.
- Working with 3rd party vendors for 1st level troubleshooting
- Will be working in 24 by 7 environment including public holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong Knowledge on Windows administration and troubleshooting skills
- Basic knowledge of Monitoring tools like SolarWinds, Nagios Zenoss, Splunk etc
- Candidate should have hands on experience in supporting any enterprise level application.
- Understanding of VMware technologies.
- Should be ITIL V3 certified and possess good knowledge of Incident Management process
- Any technical certification on cisco, VMware or Linux will be an added advantage.
- Experience in data center or network operations with HA (high availability) and/ or 24X7 service level objectives desirable, or in a Service Desk/Call Center with 24x7 operations.
- Knowledge in SQL or any database will be an added advantage to understand the environment quickly.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Should have worked on ticketing tools like Service Now, BMC Remedy, Manage Engine, HPSM etc.
- Should have worked on monitoring tools like Solarwinds, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk etc.
- Familiarity with two more of the following domain focus areas: Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), Enterprise Service Management (ESM), Service Desk, Help-desk, Call Center, Data Center Operations, Server Operations, and & understanding of Disaster Recovery.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- ITIL Foundation Certified
- CCNA/MCSE Certifications
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.