Modeler (Statistician) - Noida
Department: Data Analytics and Solutions, Model Development
RMS is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophic risks throughout the world. RMS models and services are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide range of natural and man-made perils, from earthquakes and hurricanes to terrorism and disease pandemic.
We are currently seeking an Analyst to join our Data Analytics and Solutions team in the Model Development group. The team primarily focuses on modeling and developing products related to insured property exposures and loss curves, data and data analytics related applications and solutions. Such products are an important part of RMS product line and provide a wealth of valuable information for our clients.
The candidate will be working in a multidisciplinary environment with other catastrophe data and risk modelers across different time zones (California, London and India) and would be engaged in the development, design and implementation of a wide range of products used in catastrophe risk modeling, and Property & Casualty data quality assessment and enhancement. The candidate will be expected to gain and further utilize an in-depth knowledge of the products and relevant technologies. Skills in numerical / statistical analysis / Operational Research, computing, databases, automation etc. would add value. The incumbent of this role will be primarily responsible for:
- Acquiring data from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sources
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Locate and define new process, improvement opportunities and quality improvement areas.
- Presenting the findings, preparing technical reports, and making suitable recommendations.
- Writing specifications for process automation.
- Process product reviews and communicate quantitative and qualitative findings to the development team based on test results.
- Ensure that the final product satisfies the product requirements and meet end-user expectations.
- Researching and mining socio-economic and engineering information related to insured properties mainly in different countries.
- Research the current market for similar products and compare results.
- Tech./ M. Tech in any field or Postgraduate in fields including Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, and Statistics and 5+ years of experience.
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills including manipulation, integrity, and modeling.
- Working knowledge and experience in ‘R’ or Python
- Can write basic SQL queries to retrieve data for analysis
- Proficient in MS Excel (advanced knowledge such as using pivots, external data)
- Strong documentation skills with experience of working on MS Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, self-driven quick learner with very strong analytical, database and data manipulation skills.
- A team player with a high degree of self-motivation requiring minimum supervision.
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.