Lead Product Manager Cloud Services
Lead Product Manager Cloud Services
RMS is the world's leading catastrophe risk modeling company. RMS helps financial institutions and public agencies understand, quantify, and manage risk. More than 400 insurers, reinsurers, financial institutions, corporations, governments, and other non-governmental organizations trust RMS models, technology, and services to better understand and manage catastrophe risks throughout the world.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at RMS means challenging yourself to always be better.
Have you been thinking about how would you build a network of 100s of microservices to reuse, make secure and govern for risk analytics? Have you wanted to build a next-generation application platform supporting the Insurance industry? We have and we are building it! The RMS Products team is looking for talented individuals with a passion for driving new products and product capabilities from initial concept to successful delivery and market adoption.
The ideal candidate will be deeply knowledgeable of SaaS methodologies for building enterprise applications. Focused on solutions to enable the application teams and customers with re-usable services, that are self service-aware, performant, upgradeable, manageable. Experienced with targeted functionality to support the system administrator, data administrator and developer personas. You will meet with customers, users, prospects, partners, and industry analysts to communicate RMS’s vision of the market, product roadmap, and competitive differentiation. Function as a primary SME (subject matter expert) on the product and its target market. Understand the competitive landscape from strategy to functional capabilities and represent RMS as a domain and product expert.
- Evangelist for the system administrator, data administrator, developer personas.
- Up to date competitive market landscape and product analysis.
- Take ownership of all related roadmaps and active projects.
- Handle go to market activities tied to the product area of ownership.
- Talk to internal field people to understand customer’s needs.
- Product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Product collateral and sales tools such as articles, datasheets, white papers, blogs, how-to videos, demos, etc.
- Work with engineering and your team to ensure proper investment and execution in support of your strategy
- Meet with customers
- Present back to PM team strategy, learning and goals.
- Continue to extend vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- 8+ years minimum of Product Management or similar experience.
- Business-driven with a passion for technology - You crave uncovering new revenue opportunities and developing strategies to increase the market presence of your products
- High energy and drive – product managers are crucial leaders and decision-makers in the company and need the energy and passion to be on top of their game
- Ability to recognize and communicate customer acquisition opportunities and related revenue opportunities, not just a technical solution
- Fast learner that can quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options into a strategy, plan, or response and effectively communicate it
- Innovative and creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a business environment, along with a proven ability to prioritize, organize and deliver on commitments
- UI/UX knowledge (a plus)
- Knowledge about security (a plus)
There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting firms you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
We are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing a cutting-edge risk management platform for the global risk market. RMS will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data.