RLDatix is a global healthcare software company dedicated to making healthcare safer. Our clients and stakeholders include some of world’s top healthcare organizations, including Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins and SickKids. As a vendor, we have been helping hospitals and healthcare professionals for over 20 years and are a trusted partner in patient safety. Our software suite supports healthcare risk management, patient feedback, and other process improvements in the delivery of healthcare. Our users are busy healthcare professionals who are dedicated to managing and mitigating risks, improving healthcare quality and patient outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer who has weathered product release cycles and deployed successful products to customers. You’ll be joining the Product Design Team to help drive the evolution, UX, and visual design of our product suite. We are an agile organization and design is a key ingredient in our mission to build products that our users love. We work collaboratively with numerous stakeholders to deliver the best solutions to our clients’ problems. You will be embedded in multiple product delivery teams to help articulate and visualize improvements in the user experience and interface of our enterprise software suite. As a key stakeholder, the Product Design role is integral to our success as a global organization, and you will help shape the design practice across our numerous product lines; Datix Web/ DCIQ, RMI, RL6, and Quantros, to name a few. We are keen to find someone who is interested in working in a mission-driven space, understands how to evolve existing designs, and wants to collaborate in a dynamic environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Work across the entire product lifecycle from concept to delivery and will create documentation, wireframes, prototypes (for communication and validation), pixel perfect mockups.
- In conjunction with Design research, help define priorities and usability studies to validate designs and identify future areas of opportunity.
- With strong focus on key user problems, create rich and delightful experiences that balance user, business and technical needs.
- Rapidly iterate with others at varying levels of fidelity to develop elegant solutions for complex problems.
- Own the creation of consistent experiences across products through user-centered design processes, including personas, sitemaps, process flows, wireframes, mock-ups and interactive prototypes.
- Ensure consistency across digital experiences and contribute to our library of components, patterns and evolving the design system.
- Provide coaching and mentoring on design practices and principles to the broader product delivery teams. You will also participate in growing our design team and scaling the design practice globally.
- Minimum 4 years experience shipping software products
- Undergraduate degree or post-secondary education in a related discipline such as Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Computer Science, Interactive Media, Web Design, Information/Business Technology or related field.
- Excellent design skills (layout, type, color, interaction) combined with big picture thinking and strategic prioritization
- Comprehensive understanding of user-centred design principles, prototyping at varying levels of fidelity, and validating your designs
- Understanding of responsive design
- Able to adapt approach and process to fit project goals, timelines and other parameters
- Comfort with ambiguity, an iterative design process, independently engaging cross-functional teams, and driving ideas forward throughout the product development lifecycle
- Proficiency in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite —any tools you use to effectively communicate your designs
Bonus Points For:
- Understanding of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS) and ability find creative solutions within its limitations
- Experience with micro interactions, motion design, and behavior design
- Appreciation for the broad spectrum of design from research to implementation
- Understanding of accessibility and WCAG guidelines
For consideration, send copy of your CV and link to your portfolio (mandatory).
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.