Technical Support Engineer
RLDatix is a software company dedicated to making healthcare safer. Our software powers 1800 of the world’s top healthcare organizations, including Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins and SickKids.
Successful Technical Support Engineers at RLDatix are driven by the need to help our clients use our products to their full potential. Their exceptional interpersonal, multi-tasking and teamwork skills combined with their high energy and enthusiasm ensures jobs gets done and done well. They have impeccable troubleshooting abilities that enable them to research and solve challenging and unique problems independently. They are able to adapt to ever changing environments quickly and are eager to expand their knowledge.
The great things you’ll do:
- Reporting to the Director, Technical Support Services, you’ll install, configure and upgrade our Web-based applications and provide technical support
- Serve as a point of escalation to our clients’ IT departments and RL’s internal teams to provide high-level technical support for our products and services
- Work closely with clients on custom projects/implementations that require a technical lead
- Work with Clients over the phone, through incident cases and through Live chat.
- Diagnose workstation compatibility issues by ensuring proper IE settings, Group Policy, Security Policy, etc. are adhered to.
- Work on internal projects which aid in the evolution of Support Services and RL
- Query live SQL databases in search of data integrity or performance issues
- Write and modify SQL triggers, functions, stored procedures, views and general statements as part of designing support solutions for our clients
- Diagnose authentication and user profile issues that relate to Active Directory/LDAP, Single Sign On and Federated Authentication.
- Configure and troubleshoot web server services such as IIS, Application Pools, SSL
- Create and troubleshoot scheduled batch jobs using the Task Scheduler
- Trace performance issues with the use of SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor and similar tools
- Troubleshoot email and SMTP issues, and engage the correct contacts for resolution
- Perform custom configurations of our applications by modifying XML files, web.config, and .apsx files
- Communicate bugs and enhancement requests with the PM and Development teams
- Troubleshoot ADT (HL7) message issues by working with the client's interface team and ensure the proper fields were processed correctly into the database
- Configure database field mapping for a variety of lookups our application utilizes, and troubleshoot ETL and file export issues
- Work with our IT team on supporting our hosted clients
- Review IIS and application log files to trace back the steps taken to reproduce errors
- Analyze the business and technical needs of a client
- Create knowledgebase articles and provide internal training sessions
- Provide training to our clients’ technical teams on first line application troubleshooting steps
- Fulfill the terms of our Service Level Agreement (SLA) to ensure client satisfaction
- Document inquiries and requests using Salesforce
Who you are:
- At least 5 years of experience providing high-level technical/application support
- Have a University Degree in a related field
- Strong oral and written communications skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of Microsoft SQL server 2005-2012 querying and administration
- Understanding of networking concepts, including standard protocols and ports, VPN, firewall, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft’s Active Directory, LDAP and authentication methods
- Fundamental understanding of IIS, .NET, and web applications
- Working knowledge of various operating systems including Windows 7/10, Server 2008/2012/2016
- Understanding of SMTP and email systems and troubleshooting
- Well-developed research and troubleshooting skills
- RLDatix support is available Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5:30pm EST
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule for after-hours coverage
- Availability to provide holiday coverage, as needed
Nice to haves:
- Healthcare IT, project management and/or network administration experience
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.