Our dedicated Building Surveying Team at RLB proactively manage and undertake surveys, formulate designs and specifications, administrate projects and programmes plus various other bespoke services to ensure our clients estate remains well maintained and achieves its full potential. We additionally provide extensive commercial services which include Dilapidations, Lease Advice and Pre-acquisition surveys. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships them.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Education, Sports, Nuclear and Retail clients and projects. Surveyors work in close contact with the client, advising them on legal and financial matters that arise during the project.
Overview of Role:
Due to our growing and diverse portfolio an exciting opportunity has arisen for a CAD Technician to join us to aid the delivery of a high volume, national framework from our London Office.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team of consultants who pride themselves on providing outstanding project delivery to a range of clients within both the public and private sectors from SME’s to large blue chip corporate clients.
Roles and responsibilities will include working with Building Surveyors and Architectural Technicians to assist in the production of architectural design information in particular the production of site plans along with populating particulars into a client portal.
Ideal candidates will be design orientated with proficient use of 2D and 3D, drafting software in particular AutoCAD, and most importantly have done OS Mapping and TOIDs. Candidate will also have had some experience in MEP schematic design.
We are looking for a bright and resourceful individual who is eager to grow their career as a designer whilst helping to add new skills to RLB’s design service.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Produce Site and block plans and measurement take off from OS MAPs and inform PMO Team of GIFA and TOID details
- Able to handle large daily run rates of drawing production
- Working as part of the Design service offering within the Building Surveying team assist team members with general design requirements, including preparation of space plans, technical drawings, and measured surveys.
- Ensure all design work is compliant with Rider Levett Bucknall design standards, including setting out/presentation of drawings and layering.
- Effectively manage information issue and revision through the use of drawing registers and online document management systems
- Proficient use of AutoCAD 2D Essential
- Experienced in MEP schematic design
- Assist with ensuring Rider Levett Bucknall design standards are in accordance with relevant British Standards, Legislation and design codes.
- Competent use of design software, including AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Produce and deliver OS Mapping and TOIDs
- Actively contribute to Rider Levett Bucknall UK, sharing knowledge promoting ideas and innovation to constantly improve our design services
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Act in a professional and courteous manner in dealings with internal and external contacts.
- Working towards chartered status.
- Technical background
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts and forging new business relationships
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
At RLB, our aim is to create and enhance an inclusive workplace culture where diversity is not only accepted but valued and built into our company culture, creating opportunity for all. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business from day one.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: [email protected]