General Foreman- Water
RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in the construction, manufacturing and building services industries. As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on developing strong relationships with customers, as true project partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings creativity, performance and optimism to every project.
RK Water is a full-service water treatment provider. We offer start-to-finish project management including upfront design and planning to find the right solution for water treatment issues.
RK Contributions medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- Four medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately vested
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one year
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for supplemental buy-ups.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay
- Career development training for all levels through RK University
- Discounts on products and services for life necessities such as phone, internet, and work apparel
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering opportunities
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice and more
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets, restaurant specials and more
Job Overview: Provide comprehensive onsite practical and technical direction pertaining to contract scope of work. Oversee the scheduling, coordination, and supervision of all onsite crew activities. Supervise and coordinate on site field operations of RK Water, LLC. and associated sub-contractors.
What you’ll be working on:
- Adhere to project schedule and orchestrate timely project completion within budgeted costs.
- Cooperate with project management and maintain open lines of communication regarding matters concerning project budget, productivity, change orders, and customer satisfaction.
- Practice, promote, and develop mentoring at all trade and manpower levels throughout the project.
- Devotes majority of time to work installation and installation-related duties.
- Assist Corporate Safety Managers as requested.
- Customer satisfaction and public relations liaison.
- Work within the perimeters of the project budget.
- Ensure quality craftsmanship on all mechanical system installations.
- Company policy and procedure compliance.
- Develop ‘Master Plan’ approach for project.
- Execute, supervise and maintain CPMI.
- Schedule daily and weekly scope of work activities. Short interval plan.
- Material, tool, and equipment requisitions.
- Maintain workforce quality.
- Maintain proper journeyman to apprentice ratio.
- Code compliance.
- Conflict resolution.
- Maintain current updated, amended drawings ready for inspection at all times.
What is expected of a General Foreman-Water:
- Indirect supervision.
- Performs technical responsibilities.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of concepts, techniques and procedures.
- Coordinates own tasks with a specific range of responsibilities under established procedures.
- Contributes to a team under general supervision of an experienced professional or manager.
- Skilled specialist or recent college/university graduate.
- Role specific skills and experience required.
- Requires judgment or initiative in resolving issues and making recommendations.
- Supervision and guidance of crews.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous areas.
- Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other adverse locations.
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
- Work in all types of weather.
- Must have working knowledge of all trade materials and tools.
- Ability to lift and carry 36 to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or 22 to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 11 to 15 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #21 in 2021, #19 in 2019 and various ranks in previous ten years or more
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Sector Employers: Ranked #12 in 2022, #25 in 2021, #19 in 2019
Denver Business Journal Fastest-Growing Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #6, 2019
Denver Business Journal Fast 50 list: Ranked #6 2019
ABC’s Top 200 Performers: Ranked #31 in 2022, Ranked #22 in 2021, Ranked #16 in 2020, Ranked #18 in 2019
ABC’s Top 75 Trade Contractors: Ranked #11 in 2022, Ranked #7 in 2021
ABC’s Top Performers by Market:
Airport Contractor: Ranked #15 in 2022
Entertainment Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
High Tech Contractor: Ranked #8 in 2022
Hospitality Contractor: Ranked #10 in 2022
Mixed Use Contractor: Ranked #6 in 2022
Museums, Monuments and Parks Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
Office Contractor: Ranked #20 in 2022
Wellness Workdays and Harvard Medical School Best Wellness Employer Certification: 2019 Silver
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2021 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2017 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 50 Family Owned Companies: Ranked #1 since 2011
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 200 Private Companies: Ranked #8 in 2021 and 2020, Ranked #10 in 2019, Ranked #11 2018
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 250 Private Companies: Every year since 2011
American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Award: 2020 (Gold), 2019 (Gold), 2018 (Gold), 2017 (Silver), 2016 (Platinum), 2015 (Gold)
Colorado Workforce Development Council: Celebration of Excellence in Apprenticeship, 2018 Outstanding Employer
Business Experiential Learning Commission: 2020 Colorado Apprentice Award, Employer category
Engineering News Record Specialty Contractor of the Year - Mountain States: 2020
Health Links Healthy Workplace: Certified leader in 2022 and 2021
ABC STEP Awards: Diamond level: 2022, 2017, Platinum level: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
ACCA Award Member: Safety Master’s Club
AGC Safety Utah: Silver Award with 5 stars, 2022
COMMUNITY AND PHILANTHROPY
Denver Business Journal Corporate Foundations: Ranked # 6 in 2021, #7 in 2020, #6 in 2019
Denver Business Journal Denver Area Corporate Philanthropists: Ranked #22 in 2021, #23 in 2020
The Civic 50 Colorado: One of the most community-minded companies 2020, 2019
Carson J Spencer Foundation: 2015 Corporate Shooting Star Award
RK WATER AWARDS
ABC Excellence In Construction Awards (Regional)
McGregor Square, 2022 Award of Excellence
RK Industries, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law