RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in the construction, manufacturing and building services industries. As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on developing strong relationships with customers, as true project partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings creativity, performance and optimism to every project.
RK Energy designs and fabricates custom skids and assemblies for the midstream oil and gas industry. They also design and manufacture custom skids and systems for food manufacturing, wind power and other industrial industries.
- Four medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately vested
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one year
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for supplemental buy-ups.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay
- Career development training for all levels through RK University
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering opportunities
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice and more
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets, restaurant specials and more
- Additional discounts on products and services for life's necessities such as phone, internet, and work apparel
What you’ll be working on:
- Ensure fabrication and assembly adheres to project and customer specifications, engineering standard policies, company practices & procedures.
- Design P&IDs, PFDs, single line diagrams, specification sheets, general arrangements, bill of materials, assembly, and other fabrication documents.
- Responsible for proper/timely processing of shop drawings, product submittals, operation and maintenance manuals, and recording all as-built drawings.
- Coordinate building energy/construction permitting through applicable state energy departments.
- Provide interdisciplinary technical support with issues in design, manufacturing, and commissioning as they relate to process and piping systems.
- Ensure quality communication with project managers, purchasing agents, and shop personnel.
- Write control narratives and test procedures.
- Create design alternatives in collaboration with 3rd party engineering firms.
- Support change management and solution development per project needs.
- Assist in negotiation of Engineering and CAD contracts with 3rd party firms.
- Other job duties as assigned.
What is expected of a Mechanical Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Manufacturing with 1-3 years of experience. Preferred disciplines are Mechanical/Process and Electrical. New graduates will be considered with two or more engineering-focused internships or co-ops.
- Successful completion of the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) Exam and subsequent Engineer-In-Training (EIT) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight and mature judgement in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance
- High-level analytical ability and decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Bluebeam, AutoCAD products, and Microsoft Office specifically Excel.
- Experience in the pre-fabrication/modularization process industry is preferred
- Knowledge of ASME Section VIII pressure vessels is preferred
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, and a variety of office equipment.
- Occasionally may need to reach, stoop, or kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Is expected to be in the shop daily overseeing and supporting fabrication.
- Will occasionally be required to wear eye protection, hard hat, gloves, steel toe boots, and fire resistant (FR) clothing to go on-site to customer facilities for start-up support or bid walks.
How you make Safety your top priority:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation, shop specific orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Identification and Reporting, and OSHA 10.
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #21 in 2021, #19 in 2019 and various ranks in previous ten years or more
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Sector Employers: Ranked #12 in 2022, #25 in 2021, #19 in 2019
Denver Business Journal Fastest-Growing Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #6, 2019
Denver Business Journal Fast 50 list: Ranked #6 2019
ABC’s Top 200 Performers: Ranked #31 in 2022, Ranked #22 in 2021, Ranked #16 in 2020, Ranked #18 in 2019
ABC’s Top 75 Trade Contractors: Ranked #11 in 2022, Ranked #7 in 2021
ABC’s Top Performers by Market:
Airport Contractor: Ranked #15 in 2022
Entertainment Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
High Tech Contractor: Ranked #8 in 2022
Hospitality Contractor: Ranked #10 in 2022
Mixed Use Contractor: Ranked #6 in 2022
Museums, Monuments and Parks Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
Office Contractor: Ranked #20 in 2022
Wellness Workdays and Harvard Medical School Best Wellness Employer Certification: 2019 Silver
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2021 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2017 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 50 Family Owned Companies: Ranked #1 since 2011
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 200 Private Companies: Ranked #8 in 2021 and 2020, Ranked #10 in 2019, Ranked #11 2018
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 250 Private Companies: Every year since 2011
American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Award: 2020 (Gold), 2019 (Gold), 2018 (Gold), 2017 (Silver), 2016 (Platinum), 2015 (Gold)
Colorado Workforce Development Council: Celebration of Excellence in Apprenticeship, 2018 Outstanding Employer
Business Experiential Learning Commission: 2020 Colorado Apprentice Award, Employer category
Engineering News Record Specialty Contractor of the Year - Mountain States: 2020
Health Links Healthy Workplace: Certified leader in 2022 and 2021
RK ENERGY AWARDS
USGBC LEED Program Member
Xcel Energy 2014 Top Trade Partner in Energy Efficiency
ISO 9001:2015 System Standards
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Standards
ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Specification Standards
AISC Shop Fabrication Certification, since 2010; Field Erector Certification since 2017
ASME Stamps: R, S, U, and U2 - Class 1 and 2. U Stamp since 2012. U2 Stamp since 2015.
Colorado Resolution 35 Standards Certification for Modular Building Manufacturing, since 2015
ABC STEP Awards: Diamond level: 2022, 2017, Platinum level: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
ACCA Award Member: Safety Master’s Club
AGC Safety Utah: Silver Award with 5 stars, 2022
COMMUNITY AND PHILANTHROPY
Denver Business Journal Corporate Foundations: Ranked # 6 in 2021, #7 in 2020, #6 in 2019
Denver Business Journal Denver Area Corporate Philanthropists: Ranked #22 in 2021, #23 in 2020
The Civic 50 Colorado: One of the most community-minded companies 2020, 2019
Carson J Spencer Foundation: 2015 Corporate Shooting Star Award for RK’s suicide prevention efforts
RK Industries, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law