May 2021 graduates - Associate Data Analyst - Financial Services
RiskSpan is a leading source of analytics, modeling, data and risk management solutions for the Consumer and Institutional Finance industries. We solve business problems for clients such as banks, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities issuers, equity and fixed-income portfolio managers, servicers, and regulators that require our expertise in the market risk, credit risk, operational risk and information technology domains.
- Identify, analyze, document and interpret trends or patterns in complex business processes using data analysis software and techniques.
- Analyze large data sets to facilitate management reporting. Data analysis activities may include data cleansing and transformation, developing trend reports and forecasts, and bench marking results against competing data sets.
- Analyze and document complex business processes and technical problems that result in development and implementation of end-user computing applications.
- Support the development of business requirements and completion of software testing activities associated with the delivery of applications and financial models to clients.
- Interpret and communicate results of data analysis and model output to clients accurately and effectively.
- Support analysis related to client business problems using valid statistical methods and tools.
- Strong academic record (3.3 GPA out of 4.0) from top university with degree in Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Information Management Systems or Computer Science.
- 0 – 1 years of work experience, with an interest in finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications. Experience developing reports, models or applications in Excel VBA. (skills assessment required).
- Experience working with data sets in mySQL or other databases preferred, but not required.
- Experience with R or Python for data manipulation preferred, but not required.
- Experience with data visualization software such as Qlik, Tableau, or PowerBI preferred, but not required.
- Ability to thrive on multiple projects/tasks at one time. Must be detail-oriented and enjoy aspects of research and finance analytics.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
RiskSpan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on an unrestricted basis.