Director of Business Development - Mortgage domain
About the role
As part of its growth plans, RiskSpan is looking to expand its consulting leadership focused on the Capital Markets. The ideal candidate will lead business development and client engagement including the design and scoping of relevant engagements. This candidate will lead complex solutioning with in-person customer meetings. Propose best possible solution to address customer needs/problems/requirements.
The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of the capital markets including trading operations for fixed income, mortgage and structured finance markets and related infrastrcuture. The candidate will be knowledgeable of industry issues, pain points and trends that include the latest market technological trends. The candidate will have strong existing relationships with key accounts that have a significant presence in the capital markets.
- Lead multiple client service delivery teams with project lifecycle including scope definition, business case development, requirements gathering, design and implementation.
- Drive and support proposal and business development activities by identifying opportunities at existing clients, building business relationships with key executives, and developing and presenting proposals development
- Utilize technical and industry knowledge to identify complex client issues
- Manage and provide leadership to teams of staff level professionals and become actively involved in staff development and practice management
- Critical to the success of this role will be the ability to manage multiple projects to ensure timely development and implementation across several clients.
- Five-ten years external management consulting experience focusing on Financial Services/ Capital Markets at a Big 4 firm, major strategy firm, or a boutique strategy firm; or a combination of comparable level strategy consulting experience and Financial Services industry experience in a high-impact problem-solving/analytical role
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering, or other related field;
- Deep knowledge of the Financial Services industry with the flexibility and adaptability to advise clients across a range of relevant topics including technology, process automation and infrastructure modernization,
- Experience in data integration solutions, digital transformation, Fintech proliferation, customer experience.
- Strong business acumen, analytical/problem solving skills, and the ability to understand how business model decisions impact operating model design/execution across operations, technology, risk governance, and organizational design in Financial Services.
- Proven experience to effectively prioritize and successfully execute multiple projects and manage to budgets – time and scope
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management and other employees so that issues and solutions are clearly understood.
- Following and keeping updated with the latest market technological trends.
- Proficient in working with diverse audience from business users to CXOs
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
RiskSpan is a product as well as a management consulting firm, a leading source of analytics, modeling, data and risk management for the Consumer and Institutional Finance industries. We solve business problems for clients such as banks, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities issuers, equity and fixed-income portfolio managers, servicers, and regulators that require our expertise in the market risk, credit risk, operational risk and information technology domains. Our focus is on fostering a high -performance culture with work life balance, one that develops a top-notch talent pool with the skills and determination to deliver above and beyond.
RiskSpan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on an unrestricted basis.