Event and Incident Administrator
Event and Incident Administrator
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location: Denver, CO
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We’re not a phone company; we’re a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
The Event and Incident Administrator is responsible for event analysis including investigation and auditing network trends, following the protocol for incident management, documenting all aspects of an incident and event correlation, working with all stakeholders of an incident to ensure timely response and thorough communication and documentation.
If you have excellent communication skills and are looking for a position that can open up doors for you into a technical role, this is the position for you.
The Event and Incident Administrator is responsible for leading a variety of facilitation and administrative support functions for planned maintenance (event) and unplanned maintenance (incident):
- Root cause analysis and isolation of common and repetitive events to identify trends.
- Reviewing past outages to determine new events and thresholds to implement into production.
- Provide incident and event commanders with support as needed i.e. paging, on-call list navigation, sending customer-facing communication, etc.
- Lead and maintain documents and timelines of all technical elements and conversations during incidents and events to capture system changes.
- Prepare and distribute event and incident reports.
- Lead and participate in the activities associated with a variety of departmental projects including preparing reports, material, documentation, and coordinating tasks to include assisting with quarterly training objectives for the team.
- Maintain and review department policies and procedures, providing recommendations as needed.
- Create, track, and follow up with other Operations teams for action items resulting from incidents.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency responding to incidents and following processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to articulate technical issues into customer facing documentation.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required, technical certifications a plus
- Minimum 3 years of business writing experience; skilled at MS Office
- Skilled in facilitation of meetings, conference calls
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with computers or familiarity with a technical environment.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time contract-to-hire position, with a rotating on-call schedule as a requirement. This role will fill shifts anywhere from 5:00am – 8:00pm and although not required to work our night shift, should have the flexibility to work diverse schedules, including weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee may occasionally life and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as OneTM from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.