Software Architect – Platform
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
We’re creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Belmont, CA
RingCentral is the market leader in integrated communication products with telephone, video conferencing, messaging and contact center software. The RingCentral Platform provides APIs and services that power our products to serve businesses, large and small, require unrivaled uptime, unlimited scalability, enormous flexibility to support any business need or workflow.
We are looking for a Software Architect to join our tight-knit Platform team. You’ll be responsible for designing, architecting and implementing secure, distributed, scalable and fault tolerant platform applications and APIs that serve as the backbone of RingCentral products and help third party developers integrate with RingCentral products. In this role, you will have an opportunity to use your extensive expertise in security, network protocols, public cloud products, and tools to come up with end to end design and architecture. You have a combination of coding chops and technical acumen that will significantly enhance the features and applications our platform provides.
- Collect and analyze requirements from stakeholders, provide feedback and discuss possible technical solutions
- Provide end to end design and architecture of platform applications
- Provide technical specifications for APIs and devise load and integration testing strategies
- Work on performance and quality of the Platform Services
- Plan and coordinate with cross-functional teams to assure timely implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent, is required.
- 3+ years as tech lead building highly available systems
- 10+ years of experience in building backend services and APIs (Java/Spring)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with NoSQL databases, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Demonstrated experience with Streaming APIs or technologies (eg Kafka)
- Demonstrated experience deploying applications and API services of Enterprise grade that scale to millions of users with high availability requirements
- Experienced with agile-type rapid development and deployment
- Innovative and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills and ability to transform thoughts into written form and ability to present ideas
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.