AVP Commercial Law Team, US
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- “The Engine Continues to Operate Flawlessly, While Extending the Lead with Additional Horsepower” – Craig-Hallum
- “A solid end to the year but even more to look forward to in 2020” – Goldman Sachs
- “Becoming the Salesforce of UCaaS” – Guggenheim
- “Path to Multi-Billions Looks increasingly clear” – Raymond James
- “Execution this Clean is Worth the Premium” – Wells Fargo
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Belmont, CA or Centennial, CO
RingCentral is looking for a seasoned, practical corporate counsel, with 10 or more years of experience to lead our Commercial Law team in the US. This self-motivated individual will be comfortable working in an exciting, high-growth, fast pace sales-driven culture and will be responsible for managing the expectations of the Sales department as well as engaging directly with customers and partners and their attorneys during contract negotiations. This position could be based in either our Headquarters in Belmont, California, or on our Denver, Co. office, and will report directly to our VP, Associate General Counsel based in our California headquarters.
- Managing a team of legal professionals supporting all sales transactions in the US, including all segments (Mass Market, SMB, Enterprise), and all verticals (Public Sector, Education, Healthcare, Financial services).
- Providing support on sales agreements, channel partner agreements, and other transactions as needed, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating, revising and interpreting Cloud Based Unified Communications Solutions agreements, Cloud Based Contact Center Solutions agreements, Channel Partner agreements, and consulting and professional service agreements, among others.
- Interfacing with Sales, Sales Operations, Services, Finance and Accounting teams to assist the Legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and optimization of forms, processes and procedures.
- Streamlining contract management processes and templates and conducting training sessions for internal Sales team members on procedures and other contract or legal topics as necessary.
- Develop and lead implementation of the U.S. strategy for complying with regulatory and contract requirements unique to sales to the government and Federal, State and Local levels, including coordination of compliance activities across multiple functions.
- Contributing broadly to the leadership of the businesses, working effectively with senior management and creating strong trusted advisor relationships with the business leaders.
- Define strategic initiatives for the Commercial Law team, aligned with the Legal department and Corporate strategic goals. Lead team through execution and successful completion of goals and initiatives.
- 10+ years as a deal/transactional lawyer at a top law firm and in-house experience in a leading cloud services company.
- Proven record leading, managing, and developing teams.
- Direct experience in structuring, negotiating, and drafting high-tech cloud-based communications services.
- Confidence in dealing with other departments, outside representatives and upper management.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision in a fast pace environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization.
- Lead projects. Work cross-functionally. Self-driven. Team player. Results oriented and accountable to timely deliver exceptional results.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Experience with governmental contracting (Locals, State, Federal). Well-versed in Public Sector compliance matters, including lobbying, ethics laws and regulations (e.g. procurement integrity, organizational conflicts of interest, and the false claim allegations)
- A genuine enjoyment for providing legal support to sales teams in high-tech. Trusted advisor and valued partner to sales team. Can do attitude. Good sense of humor.
- JD with excellent academic credentials. Admission to a state bar.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.