Senior UX Interaction Designer, Analytics
Senior UX Interaction Designer, Analytics
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA
Department: User Experience
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We’re not a phone company; we’re a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
We’re creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
RingCentral is developing the next generation of integrated communication products - telephone, video conferencing, messaging, and call center management software. Power to the customer, which means they get to touch everything: change settings with Web forms, configure and reconfigure from their smartphones and fiddle with a fast-growing array of features and capabilities. The possibilities are endless, and that’s where you come in.
The RingCentral UX team is based at RingCentral HQ in Belmont, CA. We work closely with local Product and Engineering teams and remote development centers in Odessa, Ukraine, St. Petersburg, Russia and Xiamen, China. Our team has a voice at the executive level of the organization, reporting directly to the EVP of Innovation. We deliver our initiatives in an environment of collaboration, high productivity, and low drama.
The Senior UX Interaction Designer, Analytics will work closely with one or more product teams to develop a point of view on our users, their challenges, and the product features we need to deliver in order to meet their needs. Then, knowing what we want to do, the Sr. Interaction Designer will design the interfaces we need to develop in order to deliver those features.
The successful candidate will have a deep portfolio of interaction design at all levels of fidelity from rough sketches to final spec documents, with a specific emphasis on the design and socialization of pattern libraries.
You work equally well with designers and engineers, understanding the symbiosis that exists between the two. You have a passion for design and innovation and understand that culture is the foundation of success in UX.
This is not an entry-level position. You must be able to work independently on multiple projects, engaging at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to executive staff.
As a Senior UX Interaction Designer, you will
- Work with Product teams to build a deep understanding of our product family, and our various end user audiences
- Lead the design for specific web product feature initiatives
- Act as key liaison with the global engineering teams responsible for the implementation of the designs.
- Promote a culture of empathy for the end user, as seen through the focus on business objectives
- Communicate your ideas to a broad audience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in a Computer Science, Interaction Design, and/or Visual Communication Design discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in digital product development such as apps, desktop, web, and/or digital ecosystems
- Experience with Analytics Reporting Products for B2B
- Experience with complex data representations and visualization
- Experience on cross-functional design and development teams
- Proficiency in key design applications, and the knowledge of when to use which tools
- Pen and paper, whiteboard and marker
- Wireframes and Visual design tools, including Sketch, Illustrator
- Prototyping tools, including Sketch, Abstract, Invision
- Communication tools including Glip, Slack, and Google Sites
- M.S. in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Visual Communication design or a related field or equivalent degree.
- 7+ years of experience as UX practitioner (visual designer, interaction designer) on both consumer and enterprise applications
The RingCentral environment is fast paced, high octane, success driven, team oriented, and is committed to growing the business in a virtually untapped market.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEOC employer.