Director, Telco Collaboration
Director, Telco Collaboration
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA or Denver, CO
Department: RCLEC Gateway Operations
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We’re not a phone company; we’re a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.We’re creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
About the Role:
We are looking for an energetic & experienced person to join the OPS Telco team.
This role is focused on Telco Collaboration Access and coverage for the global theatre of telecom. In this position you will be working with Global carriers and Product manager teams for expanding and improving conferencing access. Additionally working with (CC) Contact Center product teams for Telco needs. This role is involved in the management of the telco networks and carriers. This position requires in-depth knowledge of VoIP, PSTN, Carrier Partner and the telco transport networks & operations globally and focused on the usage & patterns for conferencing and contact centers.
- Create and Manage programs and initiatives
- Identify and scope all steps and tasks needed for each project
- Plan and execute towards cost models for cost protection & margin improvements
- Create proof of concept and as implemented models & diagrams for new, existing carriers, trunks and call flows.
- Lead and drive new and existing carriers and connections from NDA, MSA and Contract phases into live production in service
- Liaise with cross functional teams for validation of concepts with web meetings & audio conferencing product teams, contact center product teams, NetOps team, Telco Network team, Numbers team, DBA’s, and Engineering
- Create & maintain pre & post implementation of carrier trunk configurations, diagrams and call flow expectations
- Design and grow HA carrier configurations with telcos & carriers and to grow and scale for the RingCentral Web & Audio Conferencing products
- Join in planning sessions internal and external for all projects related to new and existing carriers trunking changes
- Create Epic, Master and sub tasks to manage them thru completed for all needed teams involved in task tracking systems
- Insure that all projects and initiatives are completed on time and on budget
- Create reports of statistics, trends of usage, costs & savings
Ideal Candidate must have:
- Knowledge of telecommunications networks and environments
- Experience and familiarity in CLEC, PSTN & VoIP terminologies
- Working knowledge of LERG Data function & purpose
- Experienced in Contract Negotiation & Voice and Data Transport Buying
- Experienced in sourcing NDA, MSA, Interconnect, Unilateral and Bilateral Agreements
- Experienced with Carrier/Vendor Invoice Reconciliation and Disputes
- Experience in measuring, monitoring and augmentations for Capacity Planning
- Experienced with MOU Usage Cost modeling, Past, Preset, Forecasting
- Experienced in bi-directional Least Cost Routing principles for Domestic and Intl traffic
- Deep Experience with CDR Analysis and with Network Cost Analysis
- Experienced with methods of sip trunk topology - over www, over peer, over IPsec vpn, over private networks
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects
Ideal candidate should have:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment. We want candidates with the entrepreneurial spark!
- In depth knowledge of Voice PSTN networks and ability to grasp traffic flows in all directions
- An assertive attitude to take initiative in seeking out solutions for problems to optimize performance and quality
- Analytical approach to troubleshooting and problem solving that is strong in isolation, triage and correlation
- Team and cooperative work ethic and approach
- Explore solutions to problems with consideration of full sense of ownership
- Excellent email and verbal communications skills working with Vendors and external partners
- Using system and tools for creating and managing tickets for tracking and momentum
- A tenure of at least 5+ years in similar role
- Must have a high level of technical and analytical knowledge and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have a strong strategic thinking capacity, effective communication skills
- Existing knowledge of RC Core telephony components is an advantage
- Ability to create network & call flow diagrams
- Knowledge of the functional role of a trunk side SBC such as Sonus Networks platform experience with Sonus EMS, Sonus SBC, Sonus PSX
- Advanced level understanding of SIP, RTP, RTCP and related
- In-depth understanding of MOS Score, Jitter, Delay, etc. and how to plan and consider the effects of these on network designs
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today’s leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.