IT Project Manager - Disaster Recovery
IT Project Manager - Disaster Recovery
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Belmont, CA
Department: Business Services
Traditionally, business communications comprised a series of inflexible, expensive, and disparate systems: on-premises hardware–based private branch exchanges, or PBX systems, which are still prevalent in businesses today. The emergence of the cloud and SaaS business models, combined with the proliferation of smartphones and tablets, as well as the corresponding new paradigms in user experiences, has revolutionized how people communicate. RingCentral is leading the charge in
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $6 billion. With +$600 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
RingCentral is seeking a seasoned Information Technology Project Management professional to lead cross-functional IT projects. This role is responsible for driving the execution of IT Infrastructure and Operations projects related to disaster recovery, business continuity, risk, incident and problem management to enable transformation, growth, maturity and scale. You will lead and facilitate projects that are foundational and help scale our core infrastructure and operations capabilities. You will work cross-functionally with IT and internal business partners to deliver solutions for our unique internal business needs. A successful candidate will have experience operating in high-pressure situations, a proven ability to handle competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- Provides overall communication and interfaces with all areas affected by the program/project including cross-functional stakeholders, business sponsors and vendors.
- Understand, establish and implement Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) for critical business functions and align to strategies and procedures.
- Become a trusted partner and accepted into the team’s inner circle of influence
- Orchestrate and facilitate the development of playbooks for IT disaster recovery, incident, change and problem management.
- Facilitate the coordination and execution of the disaster recovery testing to validate the DR plan.
- Understand operational issues and opportunities, and help drive technical solutions.
- Drive results; own the portfolio of projects, and lead projects to achieve desired goals from ideation through to final implementation and go-live, while keeping cross functional teams accountable.
- Participate and lead incident management coordination during service outages to understand current processes and drive restoration of services quickly to end users while minimizing impact.
- Facilitate major retrospectives and publish documentation which includes but not limited to incident summary, timeline, impact, workaround, root cause, corrective actions, and lessons learned/preventative measures.
- Work closely with incident & change management to ensure proper risk mitigation plans are in place to prevent incidents, service outages.
- Understand and recommend solutions such as replacement/upgrade of existing tools/applications, self-help guides, process improvements, knowledge base, etc. to eliminate incidents and service requests.
- Recommend and implement process changes to improve handling of incident, disaster recovery, change, and problem management using ITIL and ITSM best practices.
- Develop, track and report on key disaster recovery, incident and problem management metrics.
- Participate in RingCentral’s overall business continuity and disaster recovery programs.
- Contribute to a culture of root cause analysis and incident/service request reduction solutions.
- Ensure proper documentation is in place for all processes and procedures.
- May be required to be on call 24x7 during incidents and escalations.
- Proven experience creating strategic plans and leading key programs and projects
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL Service Management Practices
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ proven experience as an incident and problem manager
- Experience controlling and leading teams through a major incident/service outage
- Demonstrated experience with helping an organization mature in disaster recovery & business continuity program life cycle plans with respective input deliverables (e.g., risk management, business impact analysis (BIAs), continuity planning).
- Ability to lead under pressure, adapt to change, cope with uncertainty and risk and make decisions based on limited available information.
- Proven leader with the ability to drive consensus and execution across multiple teams
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal, and teamwork skills are required
- Ability to work with little or no supervision from direct manager
- Excellent customer service and communications oriented skills with the ability to handle sensitive and challenging situations with a calm and methodical approach.
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a face-paced, dynamic environment
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Excellent documentation, written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, CS, MIS, Business, or related field
- PMP, ITIL 4 or v3 certifications a plus
- 8+ years of experience in IT or engineering
- 5+ years of project management with solutions in SaaS environments
- 4+ years of IT Disaster Recovery or equivalent IT infrastructure experience
- 4+ years program/project management experience
- 2+ years experience developing strategy and presenting IT solutions to executives
- Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Administration
- Agile development
- PMO leadership
- Public speaking
- Security and compliance program leadership
- People management
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) provides cloud computing based business phone systems designed for today's mobile and distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communication for modern, flexible business environments. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California.
RingCentral is an EEOC employer.