IT Project Coordinator/Programmer Intern
RingCentral’s Intern program, or as we like to call it — the RingTern program, is a 10-week internship. Throughout the 10-weeks, you will have the opportunity to gain “hands-on” experience of corporate life, be immersed in its active culture/community, and explore an employee’s daily life in a field of interest. The goal here is for you to acquire “real-world” experiences that will help you continue to pursue your career or reconsider your path.
Do you have a competitive edge and like to win? At RingCentral as a RingTern, you will compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off site excursions and company events. While you are here you will experience what it’s like to be part of a growing tech company that is dominating their industry, breaking down barriers and boasts a 40% ratio of intern of hire.
Our mentors strive to develop their interns into independent and confident employees. Here at RingCentral, interns are not “hand-held” or micro-managed; instead, they are encouraged to problem-solve and succeed independently.
Here are a few reasons to consider being a RingTern at RingCentral:
1) You have a competitive edge and like to win. Here, you’ll compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off-site excursions, and company events. We call it collaborative competition and it’s a great way to experience the way we work.
2) Hyper-growth, for you and your career. RingCentral is growing at an annual rate of 30%. Every year. So now is a great time to join us. It also means there are lots of interesting, real-world challenges to help us solve.
3) Mentors who are in it for you. Our mentors will work with you to help you grow and achieve your goals. No micro-management and no busy-work. The goal is to help you problem-solve and succeed independently.
So, join RingCentral as an intern this summer and discover what it feels like to win together.
Are you a smart, tech-savvy, critical thinker who enjoys developing technical solutions? If so, the Enterprise Applications IT Team is looking for you! Join us at RingCentral to explore a professional environment and have fun while experiencing something you are passionate about. Work hard, play hard vibes! This is an exciting opportunity to try something new and take an active role in the growth of a thriving, public company.
Job Type: Internship | Location: Belmont, California
- Assist with the business case s
- Help customers retrieve answers on project requirements, scope and objective gaps
- Translate and simplify requirements
- Use project management tools to monitor plans
- Report and escalate to Project Manager or management as needed
- Utilize your technical skills working with the developers’ team
- Must be in Junior or Senior year in college to be considered
- Business case development: working with our internal business users to understand why a particular requirement or set of requirements are needed/justified.
- Modeling techniques and methods
- Strong written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and of organization tools
- Experience with Salesforce or other SaaS/Cloud software a plus
Learning Skills/ Outcomes:
- Exposure to the internal Cloud Operations of a SaaS business
- Learning the E2E Project cycle (including planning, development cycle, UAT and E2E testing)
- Learning in a fast-growing multicultural environment and improving leadership skills
- Learn / Participate in Programming across different platforms
- Full-time, throughout the summer of 2020 [10-week internship]
- Must be available to start either June 9th or June 16th
Visit the links below to know more about the company, internships and job openings:
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.