Technical Lead, Web Applications
Technical Lead, Web Applications
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA
RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), fosters a dynamic, success-driven, and team-oriented environment committed to delivering simple and delightful products for our customers. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spark and a passion for redefining how people communicate.
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world and is hands down the largest and fastest growing company in pure cloud business communication and collaboration space. We are committed to innovation, and we continuously out-innovate the competition. Our award-winning products are recognized leaders by Gartner and other prominent analysts. Communication is at the heart of every business, and our products enable people to do the work they want on the channel of their choice whether it’s voice, video, text or chat while eliminating the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications. We are relentlessly focused on user experience.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. We promote a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast daily as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
About this role:
The Technical Lead, Web Applications is a key member of the applications engineering team to delivery of large enterprise features. You will live at the intersection of Product, UX, and Technology. As an ideal candidate, you’ve done developing modern web applications using leading edge technologies. You’ve worked in a modern, microservice based architecture with a focus on product delivery and extraordinary user experience. You should have current knowledge and experience with web application security, privacy and safety. The engineering organization is highly distributed so you will need strong communication and collaboration skills to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- You will be working with remote engineering teams on all aspects of feature delivery including development/maintenance, testing, and release
- You will manage multiple technical projects across multiple remote locations
- You will coordinate/hold technical design discussion across multiple service, application, integration and endpoint teams
- You will use your technical expertise not only in web development but to assist Support on production troubleshooting when needed
- You will orchestrate the deployment of features and their dependencies utilizing our release planning and deployment tools
- As a technical lead, you will create, collaborate, and support engineering best practices - design, coding, testing and release
- You will participate and cooperate with security, performance and DevOps directives
- You will have opportunities to start the POC from scratch for upcoming new components and work with remote teams to create the final products
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering and System Design
- 2+ years leading engineering projects from the technical side in high-growth engineering organizations
- Experience designing and developing large multi-tenant, cloud-based enterprise web applications
- Experience in SAML SSO and OAuth technology stack
- Familiarity with AWS stack (such as EC2, S3, Lamba, microservices, etc) is a plus
- Knowledgeable in server-side and client-side debugging tools & techniques
- Experience working with large remote teams
- Experience with Scrum and agile development processes and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as One™ from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEOC employer.