Senior Software Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank:“Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
We’re creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Boulder, CO
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the RingCentral Engineering team in our Boulder, CO office. In this position, you will work with management, architects and engineers to help inform and understand the product roadmap. You’ll be responsible for designing, documenting and building new solutions in a microservice-oriented, distributed, high performance enterprise SaaS platform.
You’ll work side-by-side with on-shore and off-shore teams, participate in mentoring less-senior engineers, actively engage in peer code reviews with engineers across multiple disciplines, and help to elevate the quality and spirit of the team and product. Overall, this is an opportunity to enter into a high visibility position at a critical moment in the growth of our Contact Center product.
You should be self-motivated, organized, excited about technology and SaaS products, a thorough critical thinker, and relentlessly passionate about quality, scalability, latency, and platform stability. Motivational, constructive and positive teamwork are key values we hold, and so must you.
- Design and develop new systems to meet the growing needs of the product and customer
- Enhance or overhaul existing systems to ensure continued success over time
- Develop technical specifications and engineering documentation for planning and reference
- Help assess impact and risk to business on various technology decisions
- Mentorship and code-reviews of engineers
- Help engineers get “un-stuck” when they run into technical problems
- Help create code quality and testing standards and ensure they are being met by engineering teams
- Work with onshore and offshore teams in consultatory and collaborative capacities
- Proven ability to learn complex, distributed systems quickly and thoroughly
- Proven ability to document complex systems, networks, events and architectures
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Strong Java / Spring experience
- Strong Experience with event driven, microservice architecture
- Strong experience with MySQL / Amazon Aurora / Hibernate / JDBC
- Demonstrable experience in a SaaS business model
- Experience mentoring engineers
- Data stream technology experience (Kafka) preferred
- NoSQL document storage experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.