Privacy Counsel - France or Germany based
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We’re not a phone company; we’re the Number 1 cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
With our continued expansion into EMEA, we have a great opportunity for a Privacy Attorney, to join our team in Paris, France
What You'll Do:
- Negotiate Customer Data Protection Agreements
- Provide legal advice on EU privacy issues to the Data Protection Officer, Privacy Office, local EU teams including Employment, Procurement, Sales, Support, Marketing as well as other local EU team
- Build and maintain scalable and effective processes for providing privacy legal input to clients on strategic initiatives.
- Closely partner with our European teams to ensure we have visibility across business units and offer consistent guidance on key areas that cross the organization.
- Provide data incident response legal support.
- Create and provide training and written guidance to legal team members, clients and cross-functional stakeholders on current and emerging privacy issues including how we think about relevant laws, regulations, and self-regulatory frameworks with respect to those systems.
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant European and international laws and regulations, especially those related to cybersecurity, privacy, data governance and other applicable areas.
Who You Are:
We are looking for people who are collaborative, flexible, self-motivated, curious, creative, and clear communicators (both written and verbal).
Successful candidates will have expertise in German and French data protection laws as well as other EU countries with a focus on cybersecurity, privacy and data protection, advertising, and consumer protection - and a willingness and ability to learn about the rest.
Typically, 4-6+ years of legal experience with expertise in:
- International EU privacy legal compliance with a focus on French and German data protection requirements.
- Digital marketing, social media, information security policies and standards, including incident response.
- Counseling international companies
- Exceptional communication and project management skills, including a strong desire and ability to make complex topics understandable for various audiences.
- Ability and strong desire to effectively advise, develop relationships, and work collaboratively across stakeholders both within and outside of Legal.
- Experience counseling both technical and non-technical clients (e.g. marketing and engineering teams)
- A combination of in-house and academic, government, self-regulatory and/or private practice experience preferable, but not required.
- Solution-oriented, customer service, and growth mindset.
- IAPP CIPP certification
- Must be fluent in English, French and German